Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Such in a bad mood...    

Such in a bad mood...

frenchfrog
France

Such in a bad mood...

The following YOU does not concern all the members here on eslprintables (fortunately!)

Why can�t you give the links to all the colouring sheets that you upload? This is becoming sooooooooooooo annoying!!! Frankly I don�t want to share my work with these people!

St Valentine�s Day is coming, and then it will be St Patrick�s Day, then Easter. Are we going to be invaded by colouring sheets on these celebrations????????

A calendar??????????????

Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngry

24 Jan 2009      

mena22
Portugal

I can understand you perfectly! While I drink my morning tea I usually scroll down the new contributions, but lately I really get bored and give up, even though I�m aware that I am or might be losing some good resources. But it is like you�ve just said, so many printables  that are not really ESLresources... they have no content at all. Only a few people download these worksheets, so I�m really not sure why contributors keep uploading them.Unhappy 

But my dear frenchfrog, today is Saturday and we have to make the most of the weekend!!
Look at this handsome frog. Isn�t he so cute? He�s getting ready to invite you out for dinner! Wink

Hugs,
mena

24 Jan 2009     

eng789
Israel

I agree the stuff is Glitter Text Generator.

But I am going to start uploading that kind of stuff because that is what people want. 

Then when I have enough points,  I won�t have to go through the daily free stuff.  I�ll

just look for stuff I want/ need and use my points. 

By the way,  saying thank you for downloading my pages or thanks for the nice

comments -- sounds a lot like advertising to me.  So, thanks for downloading my "BEES

AND HONEY".   So there,  I got a "plug" in too.

Glitter Text Generator

24 Jan 2009     

s.lefevre
Brazil

What I did today was to report all this kinfd og stuff. I don�t think there is any reason to discuss it on the forum. We have done it so many times, but people don�t listen. So let�s ignore them, let�s not download this kind of stuff and whoever has got some time left should report it! If there are no downloads, people won�t get points.

24 Jan 2009     

libertybelle
United States

Dear FF

Just to clarify - you DO mean WSs that only have a coloring image and not activities - right?
I have made some coloring worksheets but always with lots of activities connected to the picture. Zora has added Glyphs to her coloring images which my kids found really wonderful.
I didn�t know what a Glyph was until she told me.

Instead of having the kids read and color, they are asked questions.
for ex. If you play tennis, color the tree green. If you don�t play tennis color the tree brown.
This is a great way to teach reading, comprehension and activate the kids by coloring (in a controlled situation) for the younger learners and it is also easier for the teachers who don�t have a color printer.

There is nothing wrong with B/W coloring worksheets, as long as there are good activities attached.

I hope that�s what you meant dear French Frog, Mena and Eng.

Libertybelle
ps - perhaps so many download these "alone standing images to use in better WSs?)

24 Jan 2009     

chorima
Spain

Dear FRench Frog,

I understand your bad mood.......that kind of stuff is making our checking the recent contributions section much more slower. Besides, it is unfair to share so great worksheets (most of us think that the ones you design are just pieces of art) with a lot of work put into it with people who just scan an image or paste it on a word document. BUT there is nothing we can do about it. this is an international site, we are thousands of different people with different personalities and different needs.....as we say in Spanish: "there are people for everything" (I guess there is something similar in English but I don�t know that saying)

By the way,although I don�t teach young children I absolutely agree with libertybell. the real problem is with just and image to be coloured.

THANKS AGAIN,FRENCHFROG, for sharing your GREAT JOB with us despite all these cheats.

Chorima

24 Jan 2009     

alien boy
Japan

Hi French frog,

can�t blame you for feeling that way. One of my favourite authors (Philip K Dick) would probably describe them as �gubbish�, but then so might have Dickens!

I am now reporting anything that doesn�t fit Victor�s comment from this discussion thread

... they should include an[d] additional page with instructions. That could make the difference between a colouring picture (Which is not allowed in this website) and an ESL task.

So, anyone who is just uploading a picture without detail on what/where/when or how to incorporate it in a lesson, be advised. You may have the worksheet removed by Victor as not being an ESL resource.

Earthlings, you have been warned!

24 Jan 2009     

eng789
Israel

A wordsearch is a wonderful tool for teaching vocabulary and spelling. But, when an esl

pupil is just finding the words without translating into his mother tongue, he is not

learning the vocabulary.

Looking for the letters of a word DOESN�T MEAN, that I understand the word.

All those wss  for beginning learners that don�t have some kind of translating activity on

them - basically aren�t teaching.  Kids learn new words through repetition and

translating into their mother tongue.

24 Jan 2009     

alien boy
Japan

Hey eng789,

you could always add an activity where they use the words after they�ve found them. That way you don�t need to include a translation activity... after all, we�re not really supposed to include �native languages� on our uploads... Wink

24 Jan 2009     

eng789
Israel

I ask the kids to translate the words right on the page.  For early learners -  they have to

translate on the page unless they have familiar pictures to associate the English word to.

I see nothing wrong with having kids match the English word to its mother tongue

translation also.   In wordsearches - I always ask them to translate the words and we check

them together.  That way I know thay actually have understanding.  You can�t just assume

that they know what a word/ sentence means.   When I do dictations,  the kids have to

correctly spell the word and translate it.  You shouldn�t be so afraid of using mother-tongue

if it helps understanding.

24 Jan 2009     

alien boy
Japan

Hey, eng789, take it easy!

I didn�t say there was anything wrong with translation! I use translations as vocab practice for most of my worksheets, as they are closely linked to the textbooks the students use. I use a fair amount of Japanese on my worksheets which is one reason why there aren�t many uploaded!

All I�m saying is that there�s more than one way to skin a cat & make a wordsearch useful!

I was also pointing out that the uploads are supposed to be in English!

Cheers,
ab

24 Jan 2009     

1    2    Next >