Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > wishing happy ramadhan to all people around the world    

wishing happy ramadhan to all people around the world

Stellam
Argentina

Hi all
This forum used to be just wonderful and unique in the old good times, not only did we share our professional concerns but exchanged all kinds of things. I really miss those warm greetings, the endless quarrels over silly matters, the jokes, the games ... even the trolls. Admit it, guys, the place has become an utter bore!!
HAPPY RAMADHAN TO ALL!

11 Jul 2013     

traute
Spain

I agree with you, Libertybelle. Clap
The Teachers � Caf� is the place where congratulations, good wishes and pictures should be posted, and not on the main forum.
We are not saying it �s wrong to do so, for Pete �s sake. We are just pointing out that Victor, the owner of the site, created the Teachers � Caf� for the people who enjoy those kind of msgs so the main forum can be used for its original purpose; teaching English related matters. I really don �t get what all this fuss is about.

Shouldn �t we follow the rules of the site?

Anyway, have a great weekend.

11 Jul 2013     

badou20
Tunisia

I don  t really understand this: whenever a thanksgiving wish or a christian wish is posted on this forum Europeans and americans appreciate that qnd they feel very proud about such
postings but when some one posts somthing about a moslem holiday or a ceremony some people start to bark as if this forum is for Western holidays only. Come on guys, this site is for all teachers from all over the world not only for teachers from Spain or USA or England. It s not a site for thanksgiving or Christmas or Easer. We don t care. If you don t care about a RAMADAN posting we don t even care about a fucking christmas. We don t even care about a culture that is going to desroy our principles and way of life that our religion islam has showed us to follow

11 Jul 2013     

manonski (f)
Canada

@badoo, fuc*****  Christmas??????  Is there anyway we can have a discussion without having someone here turning it a into a battle between religions? It is in the rules of this site that such wishes are welcome but in the caf�. I don �t care who any of you turns to when you pray or celebrate, please, let �s all be respectful.

11 Jul 2013     

edrodmedina
United States

Hello everyone. While I don �t agree with badou20 �s way of expressing his displeasure, he does have a point. Just do a Christmas search on the forum and there are many, many posts where members are wishing others Christmas greetings. In all fairness we play loosey goosey with the forum rules. Happy Birthday Yagonator (Bruce). Ed

11 Jul 2013     

alien boy
Japan

Fair call Ed!

& Happy Birthday Bruce!

11 Jul 2013     

alexcure
Poland

Dear badu20,

please do not offend other people religious feelings, no one says that your holiday is f... Using swear words in connection to God is very sad.

May God bless you all during Ramadan and every day!

PS. As we are teachers and we teach our students good manners and moral values, we also shouldn�t use swear words among us....

12 Jul 2013     

dutchboydvh
Singapore

*Sigh* Why is it when it comes to religious things, people are so ready to draw lines in the sand and start using fighting words.

I think the problem started the other day when other Ramadan info was posted. This wasn �t really the best place to post that info, and that was expressed by many people.

So had the same gut reaction when I saw moemendhia �s Happy Ramadan wishes. Thinking to myself, "Haven �t we already addressed this...? Humph!"

But then I reminded myself that there have been plenty of other Christmas, Easter, and other simple good wishes for many holidays. Wasn�t this the same thin?. So then I shrugged it off. This was different that the post earlier this week.

Any day, in which we can wish one another well, for any reason, is a good day in my opinion.

So how �bout we all get back to what we are here for. Sharing, caring and doing good in the world.

Happy Friday to all. -Dar

12 Jul 2013     

Zora
Canada

I agree with Dutchboy. 

12 Jul 2013     

moemendhia
Tunisia

Hello everyone ;
First , BIG THANK YOU FOR ALL OUR FRIENDS WHO WISHED US HAPPY RAMADHAN.
Second ,as a educators we should all pay attention to our language , I �m against any harmful expression to anyone by anyone .
Most important , I swear when I POSTED MY MESSAGE I�VE NO IDEA ABOUT THE CAFE!but also I expected to receive many message to whish us happy ramadhan! Also , when , I posted my message I did it �cause I have in my mind the various messages posted on this forum about so many different relegious occassion & I remember pretty well that no objection was posted but even many tunisian friends posted to their friends all over the world their best wishes .
finally , I want to say something about this site & its members : here we are a big family like it or not we share works , ideas , comments ,advice & best wishes are always posted no matter where or when so despite of our different religious , political or personal ideologies we must have something that unite us & make us go forward for better performance at different levels.
I finally wish that anyone had anything against any religion keep it personal & don �t even think to share with us here . Here each of us accept one another no matter his ideologies.And remember if we don �t like to see religious messages on this forum the objection should be applied to all types of messages !no religious ,no happy birthdays ......!
happy ramadhan to all people all over the world & happy holiday to all our friends in this site !

12 Jul 2013     

< Previous   1    2    3    Next >