Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > My PPT got reported, and I dont know why! Quite unfair    

My PPT got reported, and I dont know why! Quite unfair

omarengteacher
Peru

My PPT got reported, and I dont know why! Quite unfair

Yesterday I posted a PPT about present simple questions. It took me like an hour to look for the pictures and to make useful questions to match with them. Today, the downloading was going pretty well (so far it had 51 points) and then I got a (probably autosent) message from the administrators, telling me it was reported. 
The pt was 100% my creation, and the photos were not watermarked. Ut was all in English, and (what is worst for me) I didn �t save a copy on my hard drive.
I hope the "reporters" think carefully why they press the button. It �s a shame I can �t at least edit the ppt or to get a message telling me why it was observed.

27 Sep 2013      

manonski (f)
Canada

According to the moderating page, your work contains copyrighted and watermarked pictures.

27 Sep 2013     

lmigeon
France

Hello.
I �ve got the exact same problem; so far my ppt had been downloaded 25 times. I spend 2 hours working on it with pictures taken from my personal library and someone just reported me. Maybe some people can �t stand the idea that you can do a better work. That �s really not cool.

27 Sep 2013     

orly100
Israel

Hi,
I �m willing to go "behind the scenes" and download it for you so you can edit it.
Please sent p.m with your email.
Best
Orly Thumbs Up

27 Sep 2013     

manonski (f)
Canada

lmigeon, your Powerpoint has been reported for having watermarked picture. Another member seem to confirm that report so before you start accusing people of being jealous, maybe you should start respecting the rules.

27 Sep 2013     

lmigeon
France

All the pictures taken were from a private library and not from the internet, so if there is a problem with one of the pictures it �s nothing intentional. I just don �t appreciate the idea that some people report others while they are not even capable of sending a message to the concerned person!

27 Sep 2013     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Rules is rules and sometimes they seem harsh, but hey, it �s just a ppt. Make another. 

27 Sep 2013     

lmigeon
France

I get the rules, that �s not the problem. I just don �t get why some people act like this when the point of this website is to maintain communication and exchange between teachers willing to evolve constantly. But sure I �ll change the "problematic" pics with others.

27 Sep 2013     

ELOJOLIE274
France

it was I who reported your ws, there �s a watermarked clipart (picture 2 from 123 RF) sorry, but the rules are very clear... and I won �t apologize for that!

however i �m saving it on my computer right now and if you send me your email address i �ll send it to you, so you can change picture 2 and re-upload it tonight if you wish or maybe tomorrow...

it has nothing to do with you or your work (the document is very interesting) but rules are rules, and if i had not reported it why about other documents which do not follow the rules?
sometimes I try to send an email explaining that I had to report a ws - but some days I report a dozen new contributions, most for a few watermarked cliparts, some for the far worse offense of plagiarism. and today, since i �m in a hospital bed, i didn �t really bother sending emails (i only tried to keep as busy as i could).

don �t worry, hard work always pays off

Elodie

edit: lmigeon i didn�t report your ppt but i agreed with its removal, there are watermarked cliparts on slides 1, 2, 3 , 9, 10, should I continue?

27 Sep 2013     

lmigeon
France

Do Continue! I �ll make the changes. All the pictures used were given by teachers to us when I was in university who told us we could use them because they were not watermarked. So I �d better know now so I won �t make the same mistakes twice!

27 Sep 2013     

ELOJOLIE274
France

you can use them with your pupils, on your ws, but you cannot publish those ws on this website, the rules are clear! because they are WATERMARKED!!! you can see them on google, but if you want them without the watermark you need to PAY for them and then you will be able to have them without the watermark!

P.S.: watermarks on slides 11, 12 and 13 as well - not on slide 4 though because Philip Martin http://www.phillipmartin.info/clipart/homepage.htm agreed a while ago to let us use his cliparts in our ws as long as we don �t make profit (don �t sell them, don �t publish them in a book we would sell...)

edit: by the way you complain about us not bothering to send you an email to explain why your ws was reported - when moderators (and many members) know there�s an automatic message sent anyway- but shouldn�t WE complain about you not reading the rules in the 1st place, because if you had, then we wouldn�t have had to report your document... if i�m bitter excuse me, but i haven�t seen you apologize for not following the rules, and that�s the least you could do...

27 Sep 2013     

1    2    Next >