Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > QUESTION    

QUESTION

goodnesses
Algeria

QUESTION

Hi, ALL
Question
Why
is this Forum�s category
always much more animated and rich in feedback
than the one called

"Grammar & Linguistics" ???

1 Oct 2008      

Vickiii
New Zealand

LOL I take it this was a rhetorical question Goodnesses.

BTW - i completely agree with your sentiments on people speaking other languages on the forum. 
Also - if i ask Victor a question - and you have an opinion or an answer for me - please feel free to comment Wink.

2 Oct 2008     

goodnesses
Algeria

That�s what I call make a discussion advance and develop.

Yes it�s rhetorical. You may have noticed as i had that each time there is a conflictual topic there�s a rush.
But when the topic is more to help people asking for it or about some language teaching issues so we can always wait...
I bet a lot of members saw the topic about the difference between "box" and "case" and thought what a silly question!

2 Oct 2008     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

ello, Goodness,
Nice question...
The answer.. ? Well, who knows,
I think most of people, well probably I am oversizing, but many of the members, don�t deal correctly with the forum, sometimes I need to get a previous answer and I have to "walk" up and down all the topics, and sometimes the same topic is spread into different spots. I think this is because the new arrived members have little information on how to use the site.... and some others, like me, some now and then, are a little lazy to go on finding where " ... exactly shall I upload my post?... "
Anyway, if someone posts a new topic which gets many replies, it is difficult to see all the forum subject,in the front page , that�s why I think, sometimes, some subjects don�t deserve the required attention.
It�s not because the subject is not important, or because we don�t pay attention, it�s just the way things are arranged,  it�s easier in some cases, sometimes it�s more difficult to arrive in the right side.
Don�t feel angry, we always try our best, but ... we frequently miss our target...
hugs, Goodeness

Ouups, I almost forgot...
Case and Box ..... ?
Sorry, I didn�t answer, but I have no idea what to say. They are different... yes ... when :::?  Why ...? I didn�t answer because my contribution would be but zero
Big hugs

2 Oct 2008     

goodnesses
Algeria

Dear, Olindalima ( F )
Portugal
Thanks for replying.
I am not angry at all. What makes think so?
I just made a remark about why people don�t give as much importance to topics that can be beneficial to all of us as teachers of English especially those who are at the start of their career. Topics about grammar, linguistics, writing, speaking for instance. Or those related to teaching ethics, and professionalism, teaching skills in general.
I personally have been teaching English since 20 years now but still I feel as if I�ve just started for every time I get into a discussion here on the forum or with my friend(s) in real life and every time I get into my class(es) I realize that I have a lot lean and that there is much more learn.
I don�t deny I participate in those polemics especially those about stealing WS, copying, cheating and so. But, when I do it, my first aim is to try take advantage from the initial issue to divert the discussion and make it turn to tackle an issue more related to teaching in general and teaching English in particular. Some people (very few for the moment) understand my way of doing and some don�t. myself I sometimes get it right but often I fail.
We can�t succeed each time, can we?

PS: The question about "box" and "case" is When do we use the one or the other word?
If you like to give a feedback, please do it there where it it was initiated first. http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=442

My best regards to you and all the others.

2 Oct 2008