Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Sorry friends I can ´t help it!    

Sorry friends I can ´t help it!

Mariethe House
France

Sorry friends I can ´t help it!

A video from the Huffington Post: A young muslim in Paris , blindfolded giving and receiving hugs from the passers by. 

Very touching. I post it here because it is a message of love and love might be the answer to this crazy world and is necessary for our children in the classroom too!

http://www.huffingtonpost.fr/2015/11/19/attentats-un-musulman-fait-un-test-de-confiance-sur-les-parisiens_n_8597810.html?icid=maing-grid7|france|dl2|sec3_lnk6%26pLid%3D403922

20 Nov 2015      

Gi2gi
Georgia

I do not care.
�
Well, I am not a Muslim and I don �t care.
I am not a Jew and I don �t care,
I am not a Buddhist and I don �t care,�
�I am not a Hindus and I don �t care.
�
�I �ve been Christened, I still do not care
�
because I do not think it�s proper to discuss politics / religion here .
�
because a coin does have two sides
�
because "Muslim" should not be used as a kind of adjective to describe a certain category of evil doers and thus act on people �s feelings.
�
because I believe Mr. Samuel Huntington has something to comment on this.
�
What hypocrisy, ladies and gents :)�
�
All this stupid propaganda (I apologise) does serve a sole purpose to further divide people.
�
You can judge this post of mine, and my reply would be
�
line 1�
�
�

20 Nov 2015     

Mariethe House
France

@Gi2gi
I think you misunderstand the message of the video .

You say: because "Muslim" should not be used as a kind of adjective to describe a certain category of evil doers and thus act on people �s feelings.""
This is exactly what the video is trying to do: explain that muslims are not terrorists ! And it is necessary because here , in france, ( i don �t know about the rest of the world!) the confusion is easily made and a lot of anti muslim racism is going on. 
So anything that can be done to make people of different values , religions etc understand each other should be welcome!

Anyway, if you think it shouldn �t be on the forum, just remove your answer and I will remove my post!Smile No hard feeling!

20 Nov 2015     

JuliaKaraban
Russian Federation

It �s really touching. Thank you for sharing, Mariethe. I respect that man, I know how it �s important for France now. 
I have some muslim friends on the Internet, they are good people. After the aircrash in Egypt when 224 Russian tourists died, after the tragedy in Paris one of them wrote to me: "Don �t hate us, they were not muslims, they were terrorists!"  I respect people of all religions, I know that all countries, all nationalities have bad and good people, it �s not the matter of religion, but some people really hate people because of their religion. It �s silly and unfair. I think they are just frightened and this is their reaction. 

20 Nov 2015     

martinasvabova
Czech Republic

Thank you for the post. I think everybody here in the Czech Republic should see it, especially our xenophobic and islamophobic president. I �m sorry I have to admit that.

20 Nov 2015     

david.alikaee
Iran

ٰThank you. I think 
Any religious 
recommend
violence.
   Human beings are members of a whole,
In creation of one essence and soul.
If one member is afflicted with pain,
Other members uneasy will remain.
If you �ve no sympathy for human pain,
The name of human you cannot retain!

20 Nov 2015     

Gi2gi
Georgia

Dear Mariethe,

The video title reads like this (according to google translate)

A Muslim offers "Trusted hugs" to Parisians on the Republic Square 

So what is the message behind this?

The author is showing that Muslims are good people?

"How Sweet, How touching, how generous of the author" - is what  some might expect us to say/think :))))

This is crap!

We all know that People are kind/evil despite their religion and/or ethnicity.

Any propaganda which aims to show a representative of any religion in ANY CONTEXT (kind/evil) does serve the purpose of further enhancing the division and people �s tendency to associate stereotypes!
Would the message make any sense if the heading read:

An atheist offers  "Trusted hugs" to Parisians on the Republic Square ?!

The trend is totally wrong and serves the wrong purpose of drawing a line between human beings according to their religion.

This is what I call hypocrisy.

Best wishes,

Giorgi 

20 Nov 2015     

Mariethe House
France

Dear Giorgi
The title means: I am a muslim... will you dare give me a hug?

Yes you are right there is good and evil in every human being but after the bloody events we had in Paris, it is "bloody"Embarrassed courageous for a muslim just to stand there and dare people for a cuddle!

How good and evil are you Giorgi? I would be interested to know!!Big smile

Ps: Of course, it wouldn�t be the same if you , as an atheist, stood there and asked for a cuddle! Mind you French people are very cuddly and might give you oneLOL

Wishing you all the best too. No hard feelings.

Marieth�

20 Nov 2015     

Gi2gi
Georgia

Mariethe,

I suggest we go on talking about each other �s personality via PM, it seems to me people might find it not very interesting if we discuss our personality traits here, don �t you agree? :) 

20 Nov 2015     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Now my loves Mariethe and Giorgi, I luv ya both!  (the hug emoticon has gone walkabout...) Here is a little ditty for yous, just cos I like it. I really do. I need help, you know...  

The title is: I�ll give ya stereotyping! 

@Giorgi: an atheist offers trusted hugs to random passersby. LOLLOLLOL

20 Nov 2015     

valodra
France

Hello,

I agree with Giorgi - despite the fact that I know what is going on in Paris, & France. As touching as one can find this video ( I don �t, but it �s not important here ;-)) This is an educational site, where people share about TEACHING.

I don �t know you Mriethe House, but I �m sure this was posted to help ...I think it doesn �t....I may be wrong.
( But I voted it as spam - hope you �ll understand..)
Have a nice week end,
Val. 

20 Nov 2015     

1    2    3    Next >