Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > HELLO    

HELLO

nkappa
Greece

HELLO

HELLO TEACHERS FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD! WHEN I FOUND THIS SITE I REALLY FELT EXCITED! IT � S SO RELAXING TO KNOW THAT YOU HAVE READY MADE ACTIVITIES FOR EVERY TOPIC!! THAT �S VERY HELPFUL I MUST SAY!

HOWEVER THERE ARE SOME IMPROVEMENTS THAT SHOULD BE MADE IN ORDER TO USE THIS SITE MORE EFFECTIVELY AND CONVENIENTLY!

1. THE THING WITH THE .doc IT �S NOT SO USEFUL! WHEN I DOWNLOAD A WORKSEET  I HAVE TO CHANGE IT SO AS TO READ IT!

2. WE MUST CHANGE THE TITLES OF THE FILES. THAT IS VERY TIME CONSUMING. WHEN YOU DOWNLOAD EVERYDAY AT LEAST 50 FILES....

FINALLY A GREAT THANKS TO EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU FOR BEING SO CREATIVE!! OUR JOB MEANS CREATIVITY !!! CONGRADULATIONS TO ALL OF YOU!!!

4 Mar 2009      

s.lefevre
Brazil

I really don �t understand what you mean. doc. documents have been working for every one so far. If it doesn �t work for you, it must be your computer. What do you mean with " We must change the title of the files"? I have never changed anything and it �s perfect. So, could you please explain what you meant?

4 Mar 2009     

soleole
Uruguay

I �m not sure about the �.doc � since it also works for me.
But I think that what Nota means with having to change the name of the files is that when you download a file it automatically gets saved as eslprintables200933114041594537547.doc or something of the sort.
In that case you would have to change the title of the file to save it, in order to know what the file is talking about and be able to find it, may you need it later on.
This I find time consuming but not a big deal.
Then again I don �t really download so many WS every day.
:o)

4 Mar 2009     

s.lefevre
Brazil

I don �t like to envolve myself in this kind of discussion but really this time I can �t resist. Who on earth would think it �s time consuming to write a title for a well done worksheet. I think it would be much more time consuming to elaborate it. Some complaints here are really strange.

4 Mar 2009     

Zora
Canada

.doc extension worksheets are the best because quite often there are mistakes that need fixing, or maybe the level needs just adjusting... I remove a lot of the clipart because printing in colour is expensive...

No, I have to agree that no other system allows such a thing - and is relatively free and most people already use it. In fact, if we change to an adobe format I would have to stop contributing here because I don �t have that program for creating stuff in.

4 Mar 2009     

soleole
Uruguay

oh for sure .doc is  A LOT better, I almost always edit WS �s to adapt them to my student �s level or correct them or what not.
as far as changing the name, I honestly don �t mind, and I �m certainly not complaining.
The WS �s here are awesome and well worth it.

4 Mar 2009     

libertybelle
United States

We all need to adapt a worksheet to our own classes.
Many worksheets have grammar/spelling mistakes too and some
have activities that don �t fit the classes we have.
That is why Word documents are the easiest and most
versatile to work with. You can �t change a PDF.

Regarding your other points - I have no idea what you� �re talking about!????
This site works fine - many thousands think so and so do I.

L

4 Mar 2009     

Snow- white
Macedonia

I agree with all  mentioned above.I just can �t see a reason why should we  use another format.Adobe reader is not usefull to me at all.I like the way that it is already and don �t want to change a thing.Why make things difficult when they are so easy?!

4 Mar 2009     

freddie
Canada

Perhaps Nota we don`t understand your `good points`. What other file format were you thinking would give us what .doc gives us? What do you suggest as an alternative? We couldn`t understand your problem with .doc because we use it so successfully. When I download a worksheet I dont have to move anything around. It`s perfect! And .doc allows me to change things for my students as others have said. Maybe there is something in your computer messing up the documents?

I personally dont have a big problem with naming the file because Im sure what one person decides is the best name for a file is not the same as another. When I name it, I know where it is and what name makes sense to me. Otherwise I could never find anything...chaos would ensue! : )

4 Mar 2009     

Zora
Canada

If you find pressing "save to" and then changing the name of the worksheet to something more recognizable "time consuming" - I really think you should organise yourself a tad bit more... Most people here have absolutely no problem with that, I personally prefer it that way, then I can say who it �s from and what it �s about... besides, what makes you think acrobat would be any different?? 

Also, I don �t think we were hard on you... expressing an opinion in a civil way without criticizing or demeaning anyone is more than acceptable. In fact, nobody here was "mean" towards you...   

4 Mar 2009     

Mar (itxasobcn)
Spain

I agree with you, Zora. And with most of the things you �ve all said here. I think it perfectly works just the way it is.

HUGS!!!!!! Smile

4 Mar 2009     

1    2    Next >