Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Working with pictures in word    

Working with pictures in word

helenaainacio
Portugal

Working with pictures in word

Hi there!

I �ve just uploaded a grammar worksheet which has lots of pictures. They are necessary to do the task at hand. I enjoy creating tasks based on images since they are so powerful and enjoyable  but I did not enjoy this one because I had to reduce the pic size with an oline programme called optimizilla.

Is there any other way to do this quicker and more efectively? I have many other worksheets I can share, if this were indeed possible.

Also,  can anyone tell me how to check if pics are copyrighted and how to avoid this?

My Word version  is 2007. Thanks

4 Sep 2017      

Antonio Oliver
Spain

Hi,

You can compress the pictures in a  Word doc, you already tried that I guess?
https://askdrexel.drexel.edu/app/answers/detail/a_id/2316/~/how-to%3A-compress-pictures-while-saving-document-in-word-2007.

Another option is paste them on to .paint and then re-size using the simple "change size" tool 

But that programme you mention sounds like it could do the job too, is it good?

Regards 

4 Sep 2017     

kwsp
United States

I have seen this solution in several posts on how to decrease the size of your document when searching the forum, but haven �t actually tried it myself.

When it comes to copyrighted pictures, if you already have them in your documents, blow up the size of your document and look over the pictures. Water marks, signatures, and the like that otherwise might not be noticible become very visible when enlarged.

4 Sep 2017     

douglas
United States

There are some good tutorials for this on this site (click tutorials tab on the top of the front page).

http://www.eslprintables.com/buscador/tutorials.asp

5 Sep 2017     

helenaainacio
Portugal

Thank you for pointing out the tutorials tab. oh my god, I hadn �t noticed it before! thanks

5 Sep 2017