Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Comments or no comments!    

Comments or no comments!

candidarp
Brazil

Comments or no comments!

Hi everyone,

You don �t know who I am because I �m one of the many many teachers who have so little time that we can hardly ever check in here, and  when we do, we �re in such a hurry that we barely have the time to look through what it is we are looking for.

I just wanted to say to people who get upset for not getting comments or feedback that the main focus here is to share, to help others and be helped.
Not everyone has the free time you do to make such gorgeous worksheets or write each person a comment. I would love to but it just doesn �t work that way!

If someone downloads your work, there �s the feedback you wanted. No one would download something they didn �t like in the first place.

I �d also like to take the chance to say what wonderful work ALL of you guys do!
You can be real life-savers sometimes.

Thank you all.

2 Apr 2009      

Julee
Brazil

I do really agree!! Thumbs Up

2 Apr 2009     

JulietaVL
Mexico

Well, I think you are right, but sometimes your worksheet is downloaded 56 times (for example) and you get only 3 comments... it �s ok but it �s really really nice to receive comments because in this way you feel you �ve done a good job, and we all like that our work be recognized

2 Apr 2009     

Anna P
Brazil

No time to write �thanks �? Six letters only! How long does it take?  Besides, writing comments work both ways - a real win-win situation.  Candidarp started the thread with "You don �t know who I am" and she is right.  We get to know the people who download and leave a comment on our work and oftentimes we look for their printables as well.
Another advantage of leaving comments is that it prevents you from downloading the same ws twice.
Just my opinion.

2 Apr 2009     

JulietaVL
Mexico

I AGREE WITH YOU ANNA, "THANKS" IS A VERY SHORT WORD THAT DOESN �T TAKE A LOT OF TIME, WE SHOULD BE GREATEFUL WITH THE ONE WHO MADE THAT WORKSHEET THAT IN THAT MOMENT IS VERY USEFUL FOR US.

I ALWAYS CHECK THE PRINTABLES OF THE ONES WHO LEAVE ME A COMMENT AND MOST OF THE TIMES I DOWNLOAD ONE OF THEIRS. I ALWAYS ALWAYS LEAVE A COMMENT AND IT HAS BEEN VERY USEFUL FOR ME TO AVOID DOWNLOADING THE SAME WORKSHEET AGAIN.

2 Apr 2009     

eng789
Israel

Give me a break,  it �s impolite to take something and not say "thanks".   Didn �t your mother teach you that.

2 Apr 2009     

zoemorosini
United States

Let �s be practical, people.  Saying "thanks" every single time you download?  I simply don �t have that kind of time.  I �m just grateful someone can use my stuff.  Of course, I appreciate others � comments and try to leave some every time, but it �s just impractical for each and every download, at least for me.  I don �t resent people for not leaving comments, I just hope they do and deal with it.

My two cents,

zoemorosini

2 Apr 2009     

jamiejules
France

well, it �s always nice to get comments but what I would really like to see (and other members think alike) is that whenever we download something either our name turns up or the country where our ws is going to, that would be nice.
I understand when people say thank you doesn �t take long and those who don �t are rude... I don �t agree entirely, fair enough it is nicer to thank for the ws but the download is part of the thank you already. So calm down everyone we are here to share.

2 Apr 2009     

eng789
Israel

All you have to do is write thanks once - copy it and when you download just paste it and press send.  How hard is it ?

2 Apr 2009     

cathrine
Spain

you obviously havent got the disadvantage of a dial up connection via radio phone or you wouldnt be saying how hard can it be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 Apr 2009     

deinha
Brazil

In my opinion,  since the site works the way it works, downloading someone �s work is exactly what is expected, right? Of course it is nice to see comments, but I really don �t feel sad when there are few or none on my ws. I understand every single download of my work as a �thank you �.

I don �t agree that six letters wouldn �t make a difference in terms of time, even if I have them copied on my computer. Just to explain better: when I download a worksheet, I immediatelly open it, and most of the times I start adjusting it for my purposes and uses. As you all know, the ws page at ESLprintables stay �behind � the others I �m working on. Well, it just happen, when I leave the computer to go back to other tasks, I close everything and don �t leave any comments. It �s not  question of being or not being polite at all.

Since the issue was brought up, I would like to make a suggestion. I may be wrong, but I think we could use more the �comment field � to leave tips/ideas/feedbacks after using the material. Things like, "it worked for me...I made a change and it became suitable also for...I used it this(or that way)...". It would be nice to read about this or other ideas.

Another thing I would like to point out, and that has happened frequently (and many people have complained about),  is the fact that sometimes there are so many �thank you � notes on a page, that peolple end up missing comments of stolen or copied worksheet. It �s not fair to blame others for not scrolling down the whole page, is it?

I respect people who don �t think alike, and sincerely hope to have the same respect towards my opinion. As it was said before, we are here to share, and sharing doesn �t require a �thank you � to be something we feel kind of forced to do. So, lets live and let live. We may not think alike, but one thing we have in common: we do know the value of this site and of the teachers and their wonderful work here. Thumbs Up

Embarrassed Oooooooops, sorry if it was too long. I think I �m just inspired today! Embarrassed

3 Apr 2009     

1    2    Next >