Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Lack of respect when checking printables.    

Lack of respect when checking printables.

Mishuna
Argentina

I agree with you Zora, I think that those "old" members or with more points should be moderators...
And I also think it �s true what you �re saying Maybe older members appreciate hard work and remember how things were before the rules changed!!

15 Apr 2009     

ritinha78
Portugal

I�m really dissappointed!! I received the message telling me that some of my printables had been removerd. Why? Just because didn �t have enough words? But they are very useful.
I �m sorry for being so sincere, but it �s unfair what it �s happened to me.

15 Apr 2009     

Carcade
Russian Federation

Tree days ago the same thing happened with me! People download my ws, and sudenly some my ws was removed. Because moderator all at once decided that my ws were useless. But how can it be? If people download them..............I don �t know it from nothing.........

15 Apr 2009     

arielka
Poland

Carcade, I definitely  agree with you! If people download your worksheet how can they say that they are useless?!?!?!

15 Apr 2009     

Anna P
Brazil

Dear Mishuma,

I am one of the moderators who voted for deleting your printable.  I wrote �non-esl contribution� because I believe that drawings, stickers and cliparts, although very useful, can be found in other sites. However, I totally agree with you when you say than some comments are rude and uncalled for.  I try to be as careful as possible when reviewing the reported wss, reading the instructions and checking to see if they were really copied.  I also write personal messages to some members suggesting alterations on their work to make them acceptable.  This �spring cleaning�, as someone pointed out, is being very stressful for all.  It is frustrating for those who have their work removed and awfully tiring for those who have to review hundreds of wss. It is a difficult phase but the end result will be a more resourceful and well-organised site.  I just hope we survive all that stress!

Anna

15 Apr 2009     

valfairyrose
Uruguay

Hello people, i �m a new ELT. I discovered this place accidentally, and  i think it is great, many interesting works, opinions, and experiences. Really Useful.
I don �t have anything to share right now, but actually i �m worried about this "ws-removed", i �ve tried to decifer why yet i don �t know.
I �m teaching little children, 4 and 5, so, words are not the most important for me... they don �t read, they just learn repeating.
So i �ve to supposed that if i post a ws for little children, which has no letter in the context, it will  be removed...    ???

I really appreciate a site like this, cause it �s great, thanks!
Val

15 Apr 2009     

swan2206
Turkey

I totally agree with you Zora!!! I think, Victor should end this ceremony which takes back the given rights of the people!!! ;)))

15 Apr 2009     

cheezels
New Zealand

Both sides have good points, yes there are some it would seem who are being a little over zealous on reporting the worksheets without checking carefully. And their comments are a little blunt.
But on the other had we do not own this site. The sites owner is trying to improve and keep this site evolving, membership has exploded during the last year and what started out small is now internationally huge.  After seeing now first hand what Victor has had to look at day after day I am really shocked at the amount of various printables that are there. Victor himself has stated that it was such a huge job that he could only manage to really look at the directly stolen/copied ones.

Victor has made very clear in several messages now on the forum and has given the moderators a good visual guide to go by and has stated explicitly what he wants on the site and what he wants to stop being contributed and removed.

After a settling in period this should be a good system. It is not down to one person. If your worksheet is removed it has been voted so by a large number of people. Some will leave a comment, many will not. But before looking at a reported printable what some of you don �t realise is that we can see very clearly Victors examples of worksheets that are acceptable and those that are not with his reasoning.

Who are we to demand this and that? We are allowed to be guests in this great community.
What we can do is be more considerate of others feelings and most importantly be considerate of what Victor wants for his site. Some are acting like children and throwing their toys well and truly out of the pram.
Any site that you join has rules and regulations set by the owner. This is no different.

A bit of respect and courtesy please towards the man that had the vision. Let �s not ruin his dream!

15 Apr 2009     

Carcade
Russian Federation

Let ask Victor to make the head count about new rules?

15 Apr 2009     

cheezels
New Zealand

I don �t understand what you mean Carcade... sorry...

Victor HAS ALREADY made the rules...

EDIT: sorry if I don´t answer Carcade but it has been a long day and I am heading for bed...:-)

15 Apr 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    Next >