Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Lack of respect when checking printables.    

Lack of respect when checking printables.

Carcade
Russian Federation

I meant to ask the people from this site: What do they think  more usefull for them. Good night to CHEEZELS. Think, please about my suggestions.

Sweet Dreams!

15 Apr 2009     

silvanija
Lithuania

Hello all Big smile

I do agree that some comments on reported wss are really rude. We should be more polite to each other.
     On the other hand, I also agree that cards, stickers, borders are not ESL resources and the fact of them being here for a long time doesn �t change anything. It only shows that Victor was too busy. I can prove it with my own experience. 
     When I joined this site I found some wss that were direct scans from "New English Parade". I reported them (and I believe that some members before me did the same - it was clear from the comments) but nothing changed - they were still available. Only when I brought that issue to the forum they were deleted.
     BTW, we shouldn �t forget that new members browse through the old contributions and make conclusions what is appropriate here. If borders are/were allowed for old members - why not for new?
      I am not saying that cards, crafts or stickers are "useless", they might be in the section of free contributions as Zora suggested yesterday. I would love it.Heart
      And finally, I do not think that all ESL resources must have words/English words. As it was stated above, I never use flashcards with words, too.

Hugs to all Hug
Silvana

15 Apr 2009     

ariangie
Costa Rica

I agree with most of you it is very harsh that some members write rude comments to deleted ws, beside that we all have different students and teach different topics, and each one of us teach differently, the why don`t we have the chance to decide by ourselves what is usefull or not??

Censored

15 Apr 2009     

andreaewa
Uruguay

Why not asking victor to make possible to see the name of the users that post a comment? May be, if people are writing things with a "signature" they would take more care on what they write. Don �t you think??
Yesterday I said that raising the points needed to report a worksheet, could also help. I don �t know what, but something has to be done because the site is changing the mood, and not for good.
I miss lots of old members, and perhaps they are not stopping by anymore because of this uncomfortable mood.

15 Apr 2009     

cheezels
New Zealand

Hi Carcade:-) It �s morning now! The thing is it is not a matter of whether something is "useful" or not. It is evaluated with Victors very clear guidelines. What he wants in terms of material here on the site.
The people that have been commenting "useless" in the past maybe need to rethink their comments. Because I agree with you that, that is unkind.

:-)

16 Apr 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3