Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > The Life cycle of an ESL printables legend.    

The Life cycle of an ESL printables legend.

Vickiii
New Zealand

The Life cycle of an ESL printables legend.

1) Discover this great website with wonderful resources
2) Discover it won �t let you download anything - just look longingly as they scroll down the page.
3) Register without reading any of the information before clicking AGREE
4) confirm sign up
5) Ask on the forum how come you can �t download anything.
6) Get told to read FAQ
7)Get told to share something in polite and impolite words
8) Don �t read FAQ
9) Throw something together and hope it gets downloaded.
10) REalise some effort is involved so do some research and put together a quite cool download
11) Log in regularly over the next 12 hours wondering why no one has downloaded your awesome work
12) ASk on the forum why no one loves you.
13) Get told it will be on the free contributions tomorrow.
14) Log in at least once an hour to see if anyone has downloaded yet
15) See that people are downloading and get really excited
16) run off to download that very cool worksheet that is the reason yhou joined this website in the first place.
17) go onto the forum and tell everyone you are so excited to be a member and you finally have points but you still can �t download!
18) get told to wait another day or two for your points to clear and get told to read the FAQ or the bright red writing you seem to have missed when uploading your work.
19) Yipppeee - you have downloads.
NOW YOU ARE HOOKED MY FRIEND
20) UPLOAD another worksheet after painstakingly making it.
21) Check onto the site on the hour every hour to see how many people have downloaded your work.
22) start an emotional rollercoaster between dispair that no one will appreciate you, elation that everyone loves your work, dispair that no one said thank you, elation that finally you got a comment.
23) Continue process until you reach the 30 free printables per day!  yipppeeee
24) ASk on the forum why your accoutn says 0 free downloads when you haven �t used any yet.
25) Get told to go read the FAQ and just be patient one more day and you will have your 30 free downloads
26) Continue emotional rollercoasterof uploading and waiting to see how much everyone loves you.
27) begin to get indignant as you see the amount of stolen worksheets on the site when you painstakingly and lovingly create every new upload from scratch.
28) become a regular on the forum - telling all those newbies to go read the FAQ �s
29) become a moderator!
30) Have someone accuse you of something that you are sure you never did
31) REad the FAQ �s to see if you have missed anything.

THE FINAL STEP IN BECOMING AN ESL �s LEGEND

HAVE OTHER PEOPLE STEAL YOUR CREATIONS SO THEY CAN GET UPLOADS

2 May 2009      

Ivona
Serbia

I �ve been staring and thinking and wrecking my brain to come up with at least one thing that you might have missed ... and couldn �t.
That �s it. You �ve said it all. And in the correct order. Thumbs Up

2 May 2009     

Cyn.
Argentina

Thanks Vickii for this wonderful retelling of the eslprintables � members cycle...
so true!!!!

2 May 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

Oh, oh! And what about the things that do not go into the forum - the famous PM �s!?! And all the uses they are put to (bone picking especially Wink)!

2 May 2009     

gabitza
Romania

LOL, funny and true. So true... We �ve all been there, haven �t we?

2 May 2009     

Damielle
Argentina

2 May 2009     

don�t know how to CANCEL this account
Belgium

This is really funny and true!! I �m new in the site and I �ve put a lot of effort in uploading my works and anxiously waited to get those 30 points. I had some doubts even though I had read the FAQ �s. However, yesterday I saw several comments on the message board, (some a little  rude), and I found out people steal other �s work and pretend its theirs! And still have the courage to post messages saying how can moderators and people in the site report her (I think) works when almost the whole site has reported her!... Quite scary!!...lol

2 May 2009     

libertybelle
United States

Too funny!
Thanks for this!
Hugs
L

2 May 2009     

HARIM
Morocco

Vickiii,

A very important ring is missing in the chain.
Can anyone Make the right guess and win a million?

2 May 2009     

Helen McK
Ireland

Advertising one �s worksheet on the forum and being told subtly that this is frowned upon???

Helen

2 May 2009     

GIOVANNI
Canada

cheerleader
Go Vickiii Go:  You said it all.  Thanks.

2 May 2009     

1    2    3    4    Next >