Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Abdel: destroying instead of building    

Abdel: destroying instead of building

Tere-arg
Argentina

Abdel: destroying instead of building

You have just shown how rude,  and nasty you are.

My suggestion: instead of criticizing what you did not read well and do not understand, why don�t you use that same time to help others?
You seem to be a master. share your wisdom...

Maybe you do not know we, real teachers, have to deal with many different capacities and as real teachers we have to adapt everything, beginning from the simpler to be able to build higher and stronger.

From now on, i will keep in silence as many others have done.
I can say I understand them well.

By the way...what a nasty remark!: "Ss are a piece of meat without a brain."

10 May 2009      

Spagman63
Hong Kong

Tere,
I agree. He was WAY out of line with that comment.  So many people here resort to mud slinging and name calling which is what we did in kindergarten.  Shouldn �t we be bigger than that? 

10 May 2009     

Mar (itxasobcn)
Spain

You are both right, Tere and Spagman63.

Probably it �s more intelligent to ignore certain comments and remaks.

Have a nice day, both of you!

Mar Smile

10 May 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

I �m missing something here? Who is Abdel and what rude comment are you talking about?

10 May 2009     

mena22
Portugal

Thanks, manonski! I �m glad I �m not the only one! lolol... I think we should be glad that we do not know, taking into account what has been said... Wink

10 May 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

Just a thought ( I have so many these days...) we �re allowed to report worksheets but not allowed to report abusive members? I �m not thinking of a particular member here and I have no problem with disagreements. Why are we forced to  put up with nastiness?

10 May 2009     

Lana.
Ireland

With all due respect to EVERYONE,
I don �t think it is fair to bring in Islamic teaching to justify one individual �s erroneous/unprofessional phrase.

As far as I know, Islamic world has great traditions of scholarship and education.

(Oh no, there flies the first rotten tomato at me...LOL)

10 May 2009     

GIOVANNI
Canada

I saw the comment earlier and chose to ignore it.  Some people just want to stir things up.  I am beginning to wonder if some of the people on the site are really teachers.

10 May 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

Lana, here are flowers for you, not tomatoes.  I agree with you and I �ll gladly share the rotten tomatoes if some are thrown.

10 May 2009     

Abdelhadi
Morocco

I �m really really surprised to read all this against something I wrote unintentionally. Sometimes the difference of culture may build a wall for some ppl who are looking for disagreements and quarrelling. I don �t think we should do this on this website. It �s frustrating!

I think all what I wrote to you was praising your helpful explanation. I guess praising someone is something positive, so what �s the problem with you?

That phase "...piece of meat" is derived from an informal saying in our country meaning people who have a body without mind. If you consider that as something harmful then I �m sorry, but you should have shown some kind of tolerance, or at least you could have sent me a message to ask for its meaning. That �s what sound minded ppl should do rather than be one line against someone for religious or personal grounds ... is that ok?

You better go wash your heart first. Even the Innovice Teacher advised you to learn some ethics before speaking. At least if not as a teacher then as a human being.

eng789
You are making me laugh. I don �t want to raise a religious discussion here because it �s not the right place. You should just be ashamed of yourself and open your eyes before you speak like that. Who are you to judge Islam. You �d better judge your so called country for the big harm it �s been doing to the owners of the land.

Anyway, I met nice people here in this website and I don �t care if a bunch of them are bad here.

Well, deal with the nice and ignore the bad.

Have a good night

AbdelhadiThumbs Up

10 May 2009     

eng789
Israel

I have removed my comment because it was directed at abdel only and I didn �t want to offend anyone. 

I was just repeating a comment he made  in an earlier post where he said that Islam teaches love and peace - but here we only hear hateful comments like Ss are a piece of meat without a brain - from him.

10 May 2009     

1    2    Next >