Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Why Did You Choose Teaching as Your profession?    

Why Did You Choose Teaching as Your profession?

Ivona
Serbia

LOL
i �ve just seen my hubby off, he �s gone on a biz trip, and i couldn �t resist coming here to see if i got any more points Wink (you know, they help me sleep better Cool)
and thought i could at the same time check the forum and i read this story and ... lol, i love your hubby, Caroline! and you! it �s 4.30 and i have less than 2h to sleep before the alarm goes off and i set sail!
hope to see you later in the day, Caroline. i will need ur help over sth. oh, and when �s the doc coming to examine our heads? i hope you �ve organised it.
(yawn) .. now where �s me bottle (gulp, gulp) ... ahem Cool

13 May 2009     

Vickiii
New Zealand

I never even considered being a teacher.  Ever ever ever.  Growing up I wanted to be the minister of finance for my country.  Not sure what happened to that - but I did double major in psych and economics - of all things!

I loved primary school (grade school), hated high school, loved university. 

I went out to work and worked with many children with problems - supporting their families, schools and communities to help them progress in life. 
Somehow i made the leap into child abuse investigations - not sure how that corner in my career came about.

IT nearly destroyed my faith in humans altogether.  I decided that to save my own self I had to do something that involved contact with all sorts of children - not just the battered souls.

I decided on teaching - as this way i got to provide a positive and safe person for the children who desperately need it - and at the same time - instill in all children a love of learning - like I have. 

I made the right decision - I love teaching. 
Although I think back to some of my high school teachers and wonder what on earth they were thinking about.

13 May 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3