Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > I have some ideas    

I have some ideas

Missfrancisca
Spain

I have some ideas

After all this problem about stealing and being lazy, I think perhaps this thinking would help.

1. - There should be a minimum of contributions per member, let �s say a month , every three months, six or a year.

2. - All worksheets, powerpoints and games should have printed the name of the teacher who made it. I do it with mine and when I use one from the site I tell my students that it is from another teacher because I belong to a website where many ESL from all over the world SHARE  their work and I am very PROUD  of being one more of its members.

3. - We all must be responsible of the work we use from others and should never use them withoug permission.

4. - We all should be really grateful to all the members and thank them. I feel very happy when people thank me too.

I am a newcomer and for me this is the only place where I can share my work and ideas and ask for help  and that is why we just should be good  mates.

31 May 2009      

svetamarik Svetlana
Russian Federation

Nothing to add... I wish all people could read it and follow your advice! And the thing I like most of all is the name of the contributor...

31 May 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

I agree with everything except the minimum requirement of printables per year or month. You see, some people here contribute in many other ways than by uploading work. I will not name anyone because I might forget a name but some members here give precious advice or links on the forum. You can �t put a "price" on that. For me, these contributions are as important as a printable.

31 May 2009     

nejar
Peru

Stealing is under no circumstances acceptable at all! When you joined this group you accept the rules as they ARE, why do you want to change them NOW? We should be careful when calling our colleagues lazy. We do NOT know the reasons why people can  contribute so frequently and creatively (of course for our pleasure!) while others can barely upload some worksheets (time, money, work, studies, family, health problems, emotional, lack of creativity, etc.) Isn �t this place to help each other?

31 May 2009     

Missfrancisca
Spain

Though I know many people contribute in other ways, we should also contribute with some work it is also fair since you are downloaded 30 worksheets per day. it is unfair not to contribute.it takes time and effort to make a worksheet a Power point or a game, this is how I see it.

31 May 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

I guess we don �t have the same definition of "contributing".  Are you saying it �s "unfair" because I don �t upload as often as you do?  I �ve given things that were too heavy to upload to whoever wanted it. I participate on the forum everyday. I don �t judge people based on a number of printables but based on the quality of their work, may it be a link, an advise or a printable.
The day I �m forced to upload a certain amount of printables will be the day I stop contributing period.

31 May 2009     

isabelle99
Monaco

ok let �s try to find words to express my point of view. First, I consider esl as a micro world, so like in any other world you have people which are more or less honest, more or less lazy, more or less creative. There is nothing we can do about it. After, i wouldn �t like the site to turn into a beauty contest. I haven �t uploaded lots of Ws for various reasons but when I upload one I try to do my best for creating something different from most of the WS I can find. If you impose people to contribute once a week, you �ll have hundreds of Ws on "To be" of poor quality and interest. What shall we do after? Create new rules? What �s more, I think everybody contributes the way he/she can, the way she/he wishes to with his/her personal and professional honesty. If we keep on trying to legislate the site, we �ll just turn it into a mere "extremist" group. Democracy is not perfect, some people always take advantage of the system, but it �s far better than dictatorship.So let �s be cool and let �s be aware of how lucky we are to have the opportunity of sharing on this site.I swear that my Italian and Spanish colleagues would kill to find such a site and wouldn �t complain about who contributes more or less, who deserves (what a terrible word!!!!) to belong or not to belong to the site, etc....  

31 May 2009     

Missfrancisca
Spain

I don �t know why people get so angry whenever the subject about setting a number of contributions per period of time is brought to discussion. I think it would be a good idea and since we all are teacher we should try our best to design good work. the thing is that there are people who are upset about that. When I talk about that I don �t blame anybody.I only try look for a solution, if there is any.

1 Jun 2009     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi Manonski

This is why I appreciate whatever you do. So clear, even though people don �t understand you, but, in these cases there is nothing you can do.
People who measure our sharing,  by points of downloading ,will never, never, ever understanding what this site is all about.
Sorry, Miss Francisca, in my humble opinion
you should read the rules more carefully and
wander around to get the feeling.
A big hug Manonski

1 Jun 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

You know what Missfrancisca, I have material of my own that I could upload here any day. Problem is, they probably would not be very useful and people would need the book to work with my material. Most of my things are in links to either a song, a nursery rhyme or a book. I don �t know where I could upload it even if I wanted to. I did try it once and it �s one of my least downloaded printable.

I �ve offered this material to some members. I actually sent it to 2 "world" colleagues this morning. That �s how I chose to contribute. I sent a whole lesson plan with all the material to Source earlier this month to help her prepare for an assignment. Other people here are doing the same thing. Aftab comes up with a list of links practically on a daily basis. Members  contribute by helping and sharing their expertise at their level and within their own capacity.

You want to know why people get angry? They feel they are being accused of being lazy because they don �t upload every week. 

1 Jun 2009     

Little Miss Lady
Spain

From my humble point of view we should bear in mind that not everyone has the facilities or opportunities of contributing with worksheets. As a member said above, there are all kind of problems and we must be more flexible in regard to this topic.

I agree with most of them, when we say that �contribution � is not only offering worksheets, but also advising, giving llinks, etc..

Why not take everythin in an easier way? This is such a great site that we should appreciate what we have.

Good nite everyone!

Hugs from Andalusia!

1 Jun 2009     

1    2    Next >