Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > DVDs for beginners or intermediate students of English     

DVDs for beginners or intermediate students of English

Soapp
Germany

DVDs for beginners or intermediate students of English

Hello! Does anybody know any good films I could show my students in class? I am NOT talking about movies shown at theatres but films made especially (!) for people wanting to learn English. Where can I order them. What I can recommend are the ones called "Magic English" (Walt Disney), unfortunately I don�t know where to order them. Young kids really like them.
Thanks in advance, Karin

24 Oct 2008      

gicela
Argentina

Hi Soapp,

You can download Magic English videos from ares, lphant, emule, bttorrent, etc. They are programmes you have to install first.

I hope it helps you.

Gicela Smile

24 Oct 2008     

wolfy
Chile

have you tried "top notch" it�s for adults but it has a dvd series, and it�s very good, I think you can get it from amazon, or a book shop.

25 Oct 2008     

larei
Italy

Hi Karin,

I understand that you are looking for some fixed English programmes on DVD, right? I�m afraid I can�t be of much help there but some - less costy - suggestions that I can make are the following:

********Try YouTube********

They have also built up a fairly broad ESL section by now. Just search and hopefully you will find what you need.

On the other hand, there are plenty of videos that come without sound, the good old classics like Tom & Jerry, Pink Panther or La Linea. There is a thread in the ESL printables forum which you might want to check out for further teaching ideas using these kinds of silent pictures: http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=378

The good thing about such silent films is that you can adjust them to your needs and that the students can lend the figures their voices and make them speak. Pure oral English drilling. The bad thing about them is that you have to look for them yourself and there is no pre-made programme as a backbone.

You can find all these classic videos mentioned above at YouTube now. Just search for them.

Yesterday, I uploaded a simple worksheet based on a 5-minute animation of the Pink Panther (found on YouTube as well), so if you are interested in it and quick then you can download it in the freebie section without losing a point: http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=122377#thetop

Hope your students enjoy your new input. Cheers -- lars Smile

25 Oct 2008