Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > To moderators    

To moderators

candidarp
Brazil

To moderators

The activity I had posted which you removed, claiming it was a copy, just happens to be mine. I posted it on onestopenglish.com and won the lesson share competition.

Check the name there and my username here and see for yourself.

Shame on you for accusing people without doing your homework first!

Candida Palma (candidarp)

26 Aug 2009      

libertybelle
United States

Dear Candida
The moderators probably thought someone had stolen from YOU!
Apparently someone saw your fine WS on the other site and was
trying to protect you and didn �t realize you had your WS uploaded two places.
Things like that can happen.

I would suggest to all the talented creators here who have worksheets on other sites -
to write this under the description.
That would probably help.

best wishes
L

26 Aug 2009     

Kita19
Portugal

Dear Candida,

that situation happened to me before too, so I know perfectly how you are feeling now... Unhappy
it �s very hard and demotivating to see our work taken away from the site in a so unfair situation, when all we do is do our best and share!!

You can always try to contact Victor explaining the situation (as Ladybird suggested) or you can upload your worksheet once again (but, of course, in this 2nd situation you will loose the points you had). If you decide to upload the worksheet again, I just advise you to mention that you have it at onestopenglish too.

Good luck! And try to relax, as I �ve tried to do when that happened to me...

Kisses from Portugal,

Kita

26 Aug 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

You are right... shame on the moderators  for trying to do a good job and defending the work of another person.
Sorry for the attitude. It puts me in a bad mood when I see members accusing people for doing something they thought was right. Do you think the moderators were mean intended?
Don �t you think you could have mentioned it in the description box? I strongly suggest you follow Libertybelle suggestions.

Have a good day!

26 Aug 2009     

elderberrywine
Germany

Moderators find up to 100 blatant thefts and cheeky examples of plagiarism within 24 hours.  Some people upload nothing but stolen material, often several worksheets per day, several days in a row.

The sources of the stolen worksheets are so diverse, from all over the world, that I admire moderators (and users, for every member can report!!) for finding them and asking to delete the printables. Somebody from Greece might be plagiating a worksheet from a German website, and it �s a Canadian moderator who discovers it and reports it. Just to give you an example.
The sources of stolen worksheets are books (from all over the world), magazines, websites, blogs, other teachers´ sites, and many are stolen from within ESL printables, stolen and uploaded without the slightest change to them.

It �s really nasty work, this moderating business, it �s like pulling out weeds in a beautiful garden day and night - strong weeds that start growing at tremendous speed the moment you turn your back, and that will spoil the garden in no time if you don´t keep fighting them As it happens, sometimes, by mistake, we pull out a flower, too.

Among dozens and dozens of stolen worksheets (and you should see how blatantly copied and stolen many of them are)  it is simply IMPOSSIBLE to check all the identities, all the dates, all the sources in such detail.

You should be wise enough to know that human beings make mistakes wherever they go. You could have pointed the mistake out politely and explained, instead of screaming "shame on you" to people who spend their free time trying to keep this site clean and correct.
Dorothea

26 Aug 2009     

JulietaVL
Mexico

Well said Manon and Dorothea...

26 Aug 2009     

mena22
Portugal

I agree! I �m really sorry Candida, but I must agree with Manonski, Dorothea and Silke! A worksheet has been unfairly removed, so what? That �s not the end of the world. You can always upload it again.   I understand it upset you, I really do,   but not to the point to come to the forum and accuse moderators  in such an impolite and unreasonable way!

mena

26 Aug 2009     

mjpa
Spain

Well, they have acussed her of "stealing". She has the right to be upset, hasn�t she?

26 Aug 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

Fact: Candidarp has only 86 points that she got during Feb and Mar, when she last uploaded.
Assumption: Maybe she didn �t visit the site often or at all and is/was not familiar with the things going on around here (re stealing, moderating, etc.) Smile

Fact: She could have mentioned it in the description box.
Assumption: She never thought of it. She probably never had such experience before to learn from. Now she does. Smile

Fact: She
"came to the forum and accused moderators in such an impolite and unreasonable way."
Assumption: Maybe the �upset � or the �frustration � that she felt prevented her from thinking rationally and holding the (angry) horses. Smile

26 Aug 2009     

elderberrywine
Germany

Consequence: she might say that she is sorry and understands and has learned to respect the moderators � job a little... 

26 Aug 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

well done, edlerverein, on the sequel! Thumbs Up

Advice: Saying sorry would be a sensible thing to do. To?? both sides. Though one side has already spoken. Bra-vo! Let �s wait for the other one. And then we can all go to ... a place. Hug

26 Aug 2009     

1    2    Next >