Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Just a simple request.    

Just a simple request.

Caroline565
Australia

Just a simple request.

Sorry for being grumpy today but I am a little upset. I wish to repeat a request. Two weeks ago I left the Cafe having stated my reasons for doing so. I asked then that my name be removed from the "official" greetings list there. Out of curiosity I went there this morning to see if my request had been respected and I was more than surprised to find that my name was still there. Now, can I ask again, �if the few members who do not respect Victor �s wish (for whatever reason) to keep greetings etc. in the Cafe (not on the Message Board) could kindly delete my name from their lists. �I know that this may sound very trivial to you but to me it is a matter of principle. If per chance that the name refers to another Caroline then I sincerely apologise.

Please, please, note that I am only referring to those very few people who �keep breaking the rules. And it �s not that I dislike you at all. It �s the rule breaking that I get upset by.�

On a more humourous note, I wonder if Victor could add another "section" to the list of rooms. It could be called "Having a Go Room!"LOL. A place in which we could "offically" have all our "catty" arguments .�Wink Bet it could be great fun as we �"let off steam"!! Could even be a healthy exercise too maybeSmile. Or maybe we could call it �it "Get Yer "Dukes" Up Baby!" Big smile. Any suggestions?

Thanking you in advance.

Caroline.Hug

21 Sep 2009      

joy2bill
Australia

Yay � let �s have a catty room.

I love cats!
Great idea, Caroline. There would probably only ever be one or two in there at any time.
Ha! Ha!
Joy

21 Sep 2009     

Nebal
Lebanon

Hey Caroline,

What a request???? The girls there are keeping your name in hope that u come back one day. You surprised me. Look, it �s good that we stick to our principles  , but does this very thing need to be taken this way???? Oh, Caroline, why?? They have always welcomed u there, and you even played together. They searched wonderful funny squirrels just for you. Would you please reconsider it and ask urself why they did all that ..? It �s a very simple answer: They love you and want you among them.

I can say nothing more. It � �s up to u to take any decision. But, remember, those people there on the other side of this site  are such a wonderful and lovely family. Hope one day you become part of it and feel the same warmth I do feel. 

Hugs and kisses,
Nebal Unhappy

21 Sep 2009     

mariannina
Italy

I �m really sorry for your request, but...even when you are "upset" you teach me something! What does "Get Yer "Dukes" Up Baby!"  mean? I´ve never heard this expression. Thank you and I hope you don´t go!
Ciao

21 Sep 2009     

Caroline565
Australia

I just PMd you Silke. Thats exactly what I would like to see...that the forum be used for teaching -related issues. But when some people keep using it in another way then I feel I do have the right to be as public as they are. If that seems like a contradiction then so be it but I cannot be expected to take the time to PM colleagues who will disagree with me anyway �I do not think my request was out of order and I did try to show that I do not dislike anyone at all. Just their ways.

Caroline.

@ marianna. Ha ha "Get your dukes up" was an old saying when two people (usually men) were going to have a boxing match. The dukes referred to their fists. In other words it means �"Get your fists up and be on guard because we are going to have a battle" �Haha.

21 Sep 2009     

mariannina
Italy

Caroline, thank you so much!
Ciao

21 Sep 2009     

Damielle
Argentina

dear Caroline565,

There may be a misunderstanding. When your name was included in the list, it was "Caroline565" but I can �t see it now in the list. I remember that when you requested your name to be removed, most people did it. But I know that there is another girl called Caroline who came up into the forum some days ago and then her name was added to the list. I don �t think that "Caroline" you see there and you are the same person.

I �m one of the people who have made  a mosaic with names, and can change it whenever I need, but I don �t think that it �s fair to remove the name of that girl just because you don �t want your name to be there. Remember, for us, your name is "Caroline565".

21 Sep 2009     

Caroline565
Australia

Thanks Damielle. That probably explains the name issue. I sent you a PM.�

CarolineThumbs Up

21 Sep 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

If my memory doesn �t fail me, i think that when your and my names were added there, it stood just Caroline. And it stood in the very same place where it is now. I may be wrong, but i don �t think so ...

21 Sep 2009     

Samantha.esl
Italy

Hi,

I thought I �ll use this post to write about this and not start a new one. 
I would like to know something:

A few days ago I recieved several pms from members asking me weird things and also some sent spooky messages. As well as some person from the middle east (Abo Mohammed (or Abo_mohammed) don´t know what country this person is from.) asking me please to help him move to Italy!!!.. :Confused

Now, since yesterday when I posted about this same topic above, I �ve recieved messages from many people, and some were very nasty. This morning I logged in to find another nasty message from the member Goodnessess..(2nd time)  to whom I do not want to answer because I don �t want to have those sort of conversations and messages in private as it �s more scary actually.
I don �t think I �ve done any crime to deserve these attitudes from members.
I apologized yesterday on the forum for reporting worksheets, I thought I was doing the right
thing and I was accused of jealous and threaten to be reported and removed from the site just because I �m giving my opinions???
Anyway, can someone tell me what to do with those spooky PMs?

21 Sep 2009     

Damielle
Argentina

Bella, those messages are not frequent but once in a while, we get one. Just follow ladybird �s advice.

Caroline, I �ve read some participations in your post, and I can tell you for sure, that your name was removed and then another Caroline came up because I was on line that day. It �s a pity that I don �t remember her nickname because I �m not good at remembering names. 

Before making the mosaic, I revised everything and made sure not to include some names, yours inclusive because I knew that you didn �t want it. But I kept the name "Caroline" because of the other girl.

I can joke with many things but with this issue, I �m serious. Anyways, I �ll remove the name "Caroline" to keep everything in peace. If the other girl happens to appear, she will ask for the inclusion.

21 Sep 2009     

1    2    Next >