Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > What do i tell my students ... ? What?    

What do i tell my students ... ? What?

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi Ivona
First of all, let me tell you how much I disapprove all these messages. This is our site, not yours, not mine, not anyone �s, but everyone �s.

You can �t go out, Ivona. Guess, why!

Because outside the forum, outside this site, the world is even worse, and YOU CAN �T GO OUT THE WORLD.

So, listen to me. Stop all these mess. Each one of us is different, some are better, some are worse and then what? Sit down, breathe, count up to 9000000000000 Wackoand then, then just come back here and show us that you are really a different person, come back and tell us:
I am here, I don �t agree with many of you, but I can live with you, though I will always fight and defend what I think is right.

You know there are many people from many different places, we can �t be but one, we are many and, fortunately, we don �t think all the same way. That �s the why we learn. I learn when I face different things from those I know. To learn is to meet new and different things.
StayHug
I have learned a lot with you,

21 Sep 2009     

Mouna mch
Algeria

hi Ivona..
i �m sorry if it has anything to do do with what happened yesterday with Ohlala...
believe it or not i didn �t know about the T �s cafe till yesterday!!!!!
now that i know the rule, i won �t do it again..
add that, as goodness said, these people never reacted before, why that hot shooting yesterday????????
 Ivona,
i �m new here and i don �t know you well.. but since my first day, you were always there to give me precious pieces of advice... please stay so you can help others as you did with me!!!

21 Sep 2009     

eng789
Israel

You all realize that by continuing this thread,  we are doing exactly what Ivona was against.
I �m sure she is enjoying it.

21 Sep 2009     

zambia09
Czech Republic

Well,
even thought I really don �t like arguments I just have to say something on this topic too. Ivona �s right at one point: sometimes I need to find something on the forum I saw there several hours ago and I can �t because of the huge pictures with wishes.
It �s nice that people here remind other �s birthdays but sometimes it really gets annoying if there are wishes all over the forum.
If I have to search the forum by topics it really is time-consuming, especially if I don �t know in which topic I should search. And I �ve been member for almost 10 months now. Imagine, how difficult it must be for newbies who don �t orientate here properly yet.

That �s my opinion.

I like the people here but still I think we all should have a bit more respect for other user �s needs.

Ivona, I �m sorry you leaving because your work has been great.

Wish you lots of luck.

Michaela

21 Sep 2009     

Mouna mch
Algeria

hi eng789,

yes, i agree, it is not a big deal to greet someone and have fun... personally, i like it...
yet the site has a creator who has put number of rules and we should respect them or just look for another site to join...

add that i tell mine too about the cultural differencies around the world and i was as happy as a little child to know something about your cluture ( the new year thing..) i spent the night (part of it anyway) chatting with my husband about it and trying to learn more about it through the net..  and to tell the truth... yeah , it is more important to me than a GRAMMAR POINT.. but again RULES are there to be RESPECTED!

21 Sep 2009     

Anna P
Brazil

On behalf of the caf� members I would like to invite you all to come visit that lively place. You will find teachers sharing photos, pictures about their countries, their different customs, videos with typical songs, photos of food, flowers�  Some teachers share interesting posts and some like to post the cats & dogs that have been so criticized.  I am not a cat lover but I do not mind seeing the cute critters.  There are things for every taste! The caf� is not a private club.  It belongs to all of us. There is a neat mosaic with the names of the more regular members but the list keeps growing embracing all the ones who care to join in.      It saddens me to see that a witty and valuable member of this site will leave but it saddens me even more to see that active, cooperative and kind members have been unfairly offended. 

21 Sep 2009     

victor
Spain

Hi Ivona,

It is sad to see that you are so dissapointed. I �m not sure if I understand the reasons, because I �ve not read all the recent messages in the forum. I might have missed something.

I made the cafe in order to leave the forum for ESL related topics. I would like everybody to use the cafe for greetings, birthday wishes and so on... But I will not get angry if someone writes a greeting in the wrong place (the forum). It is just a greeting, it can �t be so bad, after all.

There are lots of things that we can do for a better website: use the cafe for personal wishes, don �t use the forum to advertise your worksheets, don �t start a new topic to continue an old one, avoid political discussions, keep your personal discussions personal, send your posts to the right category, etc.
I hope we can learn all this little by little, sending friendly messages to the ones who make errors. There is no need to quarrel.
If we discuss for these things, we have much more to lose than gain.
I �d hate to see you gone for a reason like this.

Hope to see you again,

Victor

21 Sep 2009     

epit
Turkey

Ivona ,stay here.Foreing Language people are different type people all over the world.We respect all the people , beliefs and culture Our mission is to teach this rather than everything.So Sometimes someone can make mistakes,someone break rules but when you think deeply what is more important is just only sharing.You must stay with your friend .If you go Whoever will correct my  faults ?

21 Sep 2009     

donapeter
Romania

Hi everyone, especially Ivona and Caroline  ,

I am not an active member of the Cafe, but I read all the posts every morning, when i drink my coffee. I don �t like cats and dogs or any other animal, but I can ignore them when i see them. I found it nice to see pics with the members of the site, to know smth about their families, about their hobbies and so on. I enjoyed a lot pics from their native countries/cities.
Reading the Cafe every morning is something relaxing for me.
As Victor said, the cafe is the place where members can share. I admire the fact people have became friends there. They even visited eachother. That �s a good point for this site, beside the English resources. 

reconsider your idea!

D

21 Sep 2009     

goodnesses
Algeria

@Victor,
Just curious to know your opinion.
What about the people who have low speed connections (it is the case in a very big number of countries)?
We all know that it takes ages for a web page to load when it is full of images and even worse when these are big with a sometimes very high resolutions.

21 Sep 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    Next >