Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Board games Tutorials    

Board games Tutorials

Samantha.esl
Italy

Board games Tutorials

Hello there,

I �d like to know if any of you could help me design a board game. Is there any tutorial on how to make board games?

I �ve seen some tutorials but they not exactly deal with board games but worksheets.

Thank you,
SamHug

23 Sep 2009      

Roclam
Italy

Hi Sam , I don �t know if this can help .....http://www.toolsforeducators.com/boardgames/

23 Sep 2009     

Samantha.esl
Italy

Hi Roclam,

Thank you! I �ve been shown this page before �toolsforeducators � but I really can �t understand it or find the way to use it. I �ve tried to generate a crossword once and I couldn �t it showed me a complete messy page.

I wanted to know how to make them in WORD doc.

23 Sep 2009     

moravc
Czech Republic

A simple design - insert an excell table and hold ctrl + leftclick mouse and insert borders :-)

SEE THIS

START

FINISH

23 Sep 2009     

Mouna mch
Algeria

oh dear ohlala.. so you know how to say thanks after all..

23 Sep 2009     

moravc
Czech Republic

Just insert it in word and fill in with sentences... / phrases
good luck

23 Sep 2009     

Samantha.esl
Italy

Sorry, Goodnessess Mouna mch,

I don �t understand your comment, it has nothing to do with my post. If you are after conflict please don �t count on me... I �m not of your kind!

Thanks Moravc. ... I thought somehow people insert squares on a word doc. but didn �t know how too... I �ve made one about passive voice in excel but I thought there might be a different way to do them.

23 Sep 2009     

moravc
Czech Republic

yes, you can make this table in word directly!
I made it by making a table, deleting all borders and creating the borders around the squares I needed...

you ALSO may insert any SHAPES, AND then filling the shapes - stars, ovals, arrows with a textbox...
all made in word...

23 Sep 2009     

moravc
Czech Republic

sorry, I canno copy this...
What sort of boardgame would you like to make?
What way would you like to use??
IF I knew, what you want, I may help you...

23 Sep 2009     

Samantha.esl
Italy

I would like to make a sort of snake shaped board game. Not just a squared one.. But I don �t know...

Maybe people make them with a different program generator and then paste it on WORD.. Don �t know... I �ve

tried using the "toolforeducators" web and I can �t really. May it be because I use Fire fox?... Wacko

23 Sep 2009     

moravc
Czech Republic

would you like to draw a real snake or would you like to draw simplified snake?
if you need a real �photo � of a snake, you can use a googled picture and then insert text boxes on the top of the picture
if you want to make a simple snake, watch this snake I had made few weeks ago:

23 Sep 2009     

1    2    Next >