Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Thanks versus downloads - The Maths FACTOR    

Thanks versus downloads - The Maths FACTOR

Vickiii
New Zealand

Thanks versus downloads - The Maths FACTOR

I for some reason am a bit of a maths freak - and I am always interested in seeing what percentage of people thank others for their work.   I find that roughly 13% of people thank others for their work. 

The range in this is quite wide as well.  I found one worksheet where only 4% of the downloaders had bothered to thank the person.  The highest I have ever found is a 20% Thank you rate!  Unfortuanetly there are many printables with a 0% thank you rate - which I find very sad.

So I have a suggestion for people.  If you are downloading a worksheet and there are no other comments - please, please, please make an effort to say Thank you to the person.  Lets try and set a target for ZERO NO THANK YOU�s!

Wouldn�t it be wonderful if everyone got at least one thank you for their worksheets!

BTW ~ THANK YOU TO THE 13% of people on this website who say THANK YOU - you are all legends!

Cheers
Vicki

Hey isn�t it cool that we can use other peoples images once they have put them on the forum!

2 Nov 2008      

marcia chaves
Brazil

Good idea, Vicki!!

Now our target is:

ZERO NO THANK YOU�s

2 Nov 2008     

Koenigin der Nacht
Cyprus

I also have a suggestion to make. :)
In many forums there is a certain option of thanking the uploader by pushing a button.  I think it would be a great idea to incorporate this option in eslprintables.  I�m sure that a lot of people (who may not afford the time to write messages every time they download sth) would find this very convenient (and thus the percentage would grow).  :-)

2 Nov 2008     

cgato
Portugal

That�s the spirit!
Thank others for helping us!!!Smile

2 Nov 2008     

mena22
Portugal

LET�S GO FOR IT!!!!!!!

2 Nov 2008     

danibauer
Brazil

I totally agree with you!!!!
Wink

2 Nov 2008     

goodnesses
Algeria

Hey Vickiii who is proud to be KIWI
Chile

I agree with you that when downloading someone�s work we should at least let a little "Thank you" but don�t you think that just the fact of downloading is in itself a kind of "Thank You" despite of the downloader�s will. Cause I don�t think people would download a WS if they didn�t find it interesting and worth downloading.

2 Nov 2008     

mena22
Portugal

Ermm ..... Well, I must say that for me "downloading" and "saying thanks" are two different things. People download the worksheets they like and find useful for their students, there�s no doubt about that. But do they really appreciate our work or is it only a question of opportunity? For me "downloading" cannot happen without "saying thanks", they go hand in hand. A nice evening to you all!Smile

3 Nov 2008     

Vickiii
New Zealand

Nice to see so many people agree :)

Hi Goodnesses - No i don�t think that someone downloading is saying thank you for all my hard work.  Someone downloading tells me that i have made a useful downloadable (although what I think is my best creation ever only has 2 downloads and yet students love it and learn how to create words!).

I see many people say they don�t have the time to say thank you.  I think that is a bit sad really - it is a real indictment on the world today.  I prefer to give feedback and thanks.  Giving honest feedback to people has the following benefits:
1) People feel good when they receive thanks
2) People know what they did well when you give honest feedback
3) People get information on how to improve their worksheets in future
4) Other teachers on the website can find out how you used a resource and get teaching ideas
5) You reflect on how you are going to use a worksheet and improve your own teaching skills by reflection.
6) It creates a wonderful community.

So, I am sorry i disagree with you on this one.  For me it is about more than thanks.  It is about developing our teaching skills, reflections skills, and generally improving ourselves as teachers.

3 Nov 2008     

nikita2008
Argentina

Hello everybody!!!!!Wink

I think it�s very nice to read a thankyou note before start looking for material, we sit in front of the computer  to create attractive ws, we take our time to look for and download the ws we consider useful, we keep on working outside the classroom!!!!! We all do this because we love our work and want to give our students the best, so why don�t we  appreciate each other�s effort, it will take a few more seconds to dedicate a THANKYOU.

Have a nice week!!

3 Nov 2008     

Anaaa
Portugal

Yes, that�s exactly what I was trying to say on my last message Vickiii proud to be a kiwi ... Smile And yes you are right, people who leave comments are so few that they are really a legend LOL Oh well... Thank you all the legend people on this site, because of you I feel like doing a lot more worksheets Smile You did more in three weeks than the Portuguese minister of education did in a lot of years ahahahah THANK YOU  Wink

3 Nov 2008     

1    2    Next >