Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > Deleted contibutions. I´m really ANGRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    

Deleted contibutions. I´m really ANGRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

catiahenriques
Portugal

Deleted contibutions. I´m really ANGRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi everybody.
I´ve uploaded a power point that was about Halloween. It was to students make a ghost to decorate the classroom.
I had this PM:
Dear user,
This is a message to inform you that your contribution HALOWEEN- MAKE A GHOST has been removed for the following reasons:
It is not an ESL resource

This decision has been voted by the moderators of the website.

So if my contributuions It is not an ESL resource why are
halloween masks an ESL resource like:

or

It doesn´t have words in English!!!

I think if Halloween masks are an ESL resource other things to decorate classroom should be also considered as an ESL resource too!!

Don´t you agree with me?

And some teachers like me work with children from 2 to 10 years old. So children of 2 to 6 have to do things like colour, cute and paste.
I´m not against Halloween masks. I think that when people want to delete a contribution should see the utility of the contribution.

I´m sorry for the long post.
Hugs
Cátia

24 Oct 2009      

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi Cátia,
know what, I didn ´t see your contribution, so I didn ´t vote it, obviously, but it seems to me that you are right.

Very young kids have different rules to learn a foreign language, I suppose, so, if they can ´t write or read in their mother tongue, how can we teach a foreign language, other than having lots of pictures and handicrafts?

I would like to have your printable,if you agree, I would like to check, just to have my personal opinion, there is nothing I can do, but, may be you can upload it again, with a more complete explanation, or something else may be done;  could you send it to my mail? I ´ll pm you my email.

24 Oct 2009     

zambia09
Czech Republic

Dear Catia,
as I remember, your ppt. was one single page (not even a set) and it is not allowed.
I ´m sorry you are so angry but you should read the rules before uploading.
I agree with you about the above contributions - there really isn ´t a single word but because they are sets, according to rules they may stay.

24 Oct 2009     

catiahenriques
Portugal

Hi zambia09.
I did it as power point because it was up to 300 kb.
In the rules don´t say that we have to upload a set.
I had download some power points that were only one page!!!

24 Oct 2009     

lilytech
Argentina

just a few words

quit the forum,
do sth you that makes you happy,
focus your energy on your next contribution,
and tomorrow you won`t care a bitabout the mask issue,honey.

kisses

24 Oct 2009     

alexa09
Argentina

I UPLOADED A MONTH COVER , THA PICTURE WAS OF COURSE, HALLOWEEN RELATED, AND IT SAID"OCTOBER" (ENGLISH AS FAR AS I KNOW) AND IT WAS REMOVED...

24 Oct 2009     

Akanah
Spain

Sorry Catia, I can ´t remember your WS, but there ´s something for sure: some moderators don ´t care about teachers who work with very young kids. They simply apply the rules they want, whenever they want...

It ´s true that some members have done what you did, uploading a WS as a power point coz it was too heavy. I don ´t know if it ´s against the rules, I ´ve never read a word about it. There are some tools to reduce the size of the pics if that was your prob, just write "size" in the "search forum post - contents" and you ´ll find lots of ideas. 

Please, don ´t get mad and keep sharing your great work.

Regards from Spain,
 Olga

24 Oct 2009     

Tere-arg
Argentina

It seems somes rules need revising for the sake of justice.

24 Oct 2009     

Akanah
Spain

Well, you are right, some rules should be revised. But that isn ´t our work. We apply the rules Victor gave us. From the very moment he sets new revised rules, we ´ll apply them. Till then, we can ´t do whatever we want...

I ´m off to bed now. Good night everybody

Olga

24 Oct 2009     

libertybelle
United States

I haven ´t seen your contribution, but the ones you chose to link to, were not just one mask but a whole set of masks!
These could be used for drama, role playing, Halloween, inspiration for writing and what ever.
You also have to remember that one of the links was from Victor, the founder of this site and it was probably one of the very first contributions.  That was way before people started uploading a single clip art or drawing.
That was also when this site didn ´t have very many members either.
Now we ´re thousands.  Things have changed.

Was your contribution a whole set too?

24 Oct 2009     

zambia09
Czech Republic

I wasn ´t talking about power point. I wrote you have to upload a SET! Your ppt. included just 1 mask, therefore it didn ´t obey the rules.

24 Oct 2009     

1    2    Next >