Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > > Sorry but can some explain to me why my worksheet is considered a copy???    

Sorry but can some explain to me why my worksheet is considered a copy???

kunter
Hong Kong

Sorry but can some explain to me why my worksheet is considered a copy???

I was sent this message:

Dear user,
This is a message to inform you that your contribution CHRISTMAS ORAL BOARD GAME FOR ENGLISH SPEAKING has been removed for the following reasons:
It is a copy from http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=123213#thetop

This decision has been voted by the moderators of the website.

If you think there has been an error, please contact the website administrator, including the id. number of your worksheet:334965

However the worksheet i submitted had a completely different language focus, questions and pictures!! How can it be considered a copy then? None of the actual "ENGLISH" content was the same! 

Just because i used the same board game layout as someone else, sorry but has he patented this layout or something!?! This is a complete abuse of powers, would someone please step in and make a judgment here please!

3 Dec 2009      

kunter
Hong Kong

How can i contect the website administrator because i really do think there has been an error here today!

3 Dec 2009     

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

THERE WAS ANOTHER ONE!? I just can �t believe it! I couldn �t see your ws Kunter, but there has been a similar case in today �s reporting page, and Frenchfrog said not even hers is "that original", and I quote. We are going to have serious problems and several reports if things are going down that road.

A table �track � in MSWord could never be considered someone �s property (expect for Bill Gates, I guess).

However, if you mantained MOST of the other user �s stuff (and by stuff I don �t mean layout only, I mean ws idea, pictures, questions arrangements and all), I guess you would have given plenty of reasons for your ws to be reported. But since I did not see yours, I cannot take a part on this.

I �ve been a moderator for less than a month I think, but already I could see that some members act a little bit like "moral watchers", and even though everyone has the best intention at heart (at least I like to think so), they are seeing a little too much into Victor �s site rules.

My advice to you kunter is: Update and upload again. I �m sure you will get many points (again) if your ideas are bright enough and your work is eye-catching! Like Frenchfrog �s WSs and (maaaany other) colorful board games. I �m sure it �s not the first and won �t be the last time someone feels harmed by others � judgement around here.

Best wishes!
Bruna

3 Dec 2009     

cheezels
New Zealand

http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=14621

While Victors comment doesn �t specifically refer to your example it generally is the same situation....Basically you have to create your own worksheet from the beginning. If you want to use someone �s idea or layout PM them to check it is ok. Some members take hours to create the initial template which often is a reflection of their own personal style.
If I remember correctly you had not changed the pictures or the colours or anything on the template and so it was adding your own ideas on top of her original worksheet.
I didn �t vote as I was busy last night and I only had a peek at the reported contributions.

I hope this is clearer for you, maybe someone else who saw it can comment further.

3 Dec 2009     

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

And Phillip... don �t confuse �common sense � with GOOD sense. They usually are not the same. Which is too bad.

Wink

I have another question to ask everyone but it will have to wait till tomorrow. It �s 4am in Brazil... have classes at 8!

Wacko

Good day to those waking up!

Love, Bruna

3 Dec 2009     

kunter
Hong Kong

Thanks everyone for your comments! i will start over again and get a new, better and "fresher" one uploaded soon. I was just a little hurt at first that my work was shot down like that ;( The pictures were actually all different except for a "Merry Christmas" graphic - _-

3 Dec 2009     

Gangster 1
Thailand

Just a reminder to all of you who use other peoples templates from this site or any other websites .......in my opinion its class as an original let�s face it I bet the voted  moderators who made this decision have done the same as you and lots of other people on this site have done before..... It�s like one role for one and another role for us...lol it makes me sick that they can play god.

and by the way i didn �t get any email back from victor or the administrators on one just like this and my work was made from scratch think about this people who vote as an moderator. :-(

LETS HAVE SOME COMMON SINCE PLEASE THE GANGSTER.

3 Dec 2009     

cheezels
New Zealand

ahhhh Gangster... you mean like you have copied
Worksheet 3: Ten Colors Reference Sheet
http://bogglesworldesl.com/kids_worksheets/color_worksheets.htm

How can your worksheet which is copied from there be original just because you took off the sentences underneath the pictures and erased the bogglesworld website from the bottom???

In my experience of this site, the people who complain the most about having work deleted or complain against moderation are usually those who copy from websites the most.
(I don �t mean you Kunter this comment is directed at Gangster).

3 Dec 2009     

Gangster 1
Thailand

KEEP ON CHEEZELING CHEEZEL...
PLEASE READ MY POST AGAIN I WAS NOT COMPLAINING ABOUT MY WORKSHEET AND I DID MAKE MY WORKSHEET FROM SCATCH NOT THE ONE YOU FEEL WAS FROM BOOGLESWORLD WHEN MAKING A COMMENT GET IT RIGHT....PLEASE. :-)

3 Dec 2009     

cheezels
New Zealand

Sorry but it is exactly the same. Same colours same pictures same everything.
Your comments were about moderators playing god. When in fact the rules of the site are very clear. Moderators vote according to the rules of the site.

Never send copies from other websites or books.
You are only allowed to upload your own creations.

Your COLOUR WRITING worksheet is the same as Bogglesworld and in your description you say it is 2 out of 3 so I am guessing the other 2 have already been deleted as they are no longer there. Oh... and I have provided the exact bogglesworld link too so I am not making wild accusations I have proof. We see these bogglesworld worksheets everyday in the moderating page and I can now recognise a bogglesworld printable a mile off as can many other moderators.

Maybe you need to have another look at the sites rules of what you can submit here if you really think that this particular worksheet is "your own".

3 Dec 2009     

Gangster 1
Thailand

OHHHH DEAR MR CHEEZEL YOU HAVE BEEN THROWING YOU PLAY TOYS FROM YOU PRAM HAVN �T YOU.
I �M GOING TO SAY THIS ONE MORE TIME ITS NOT THE BOOGLESWORLD WORKSHEET I �M ON ABOUT ITS THE ONE I DID MAKE UP FROM SCRATCH FROM SCATCH NOT BOOGLESWORL GET IT.
SO PLEASE DON �T BE ROCKING YOUR BOAT ANYMORE. AND THANKS FOR THE COMMUNICATION IT WAS GREAT 555.

3 Dec 2009     

1    2    3    Next >