Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Is it in good taste?    

Is it in good taste?

gitasiva
India

Is it in good taste?

Hi everybody!
Have a look at this worksheet.
http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=346130#thetop
Is it humor? Is it an ESL resource? I wonder. Correct me if I �m wrong?

22 Dec 2009      

Sonn
Russian Federation

Well, there were wss on different topics here including drugs. Here is another one. 13 people need it as they downloaded it. I think for some people this will be a fun. But I �m not sure I ever use it myself. 

22 Dec 2009     

Roclam
Italy

I personally wouldn �t use it, but I hate censorship. It is a an ESL resource, and we are not here to judge contents (as long as it isn �t offensive, of course).

22 Dec 2009     

Zora
Canada

There is absolutely nothing wrong with this reading activity. It has been presented in good taste and uses humour to present a subject that many might find offensive but is actually a very normal bodily function.

I am surprised that it was reported. It is an ESL Resource, you can use it or not, but just because you don�t like the topic that doesn�t mean that it should be considered a non-ESL resource. Heck, if we keep this up, people will not be able to post anything even a tad controversial like "Abortion, Euthanasia, Animal Cruelty..." because it might offend somebody�s sensitivities.

22 Dec 2009     

MarionG
Netherlands

Not really related...but ...
How can you see a worksheet from the kind of link gitasiva gave. On my computer it shows up as a non-clickable (is that English?Smile) link... I see this kind of link is often used also to refer or give credit to a worksheet in the description of the recent contributions and I never understood how I can �activate � those links. Is this kind of link non-clickable only on my computer or do you understand what I am talking about?Ermm
(maybe I need to copy the line and paste it into google? - seems too cumbersome..)

22 Dec 2009     

Zora
Canada

http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=346130#thetop

There you go... a proper link...

And it has a bunch of activities to do. I am personally very surprised that because it �s about "farting" everybody is sort of upset about this. In fact, a worksheet about swear words was better received (and defended) than this one. Quite amazing, in my opinion.

22 Dec 2009     

libertybelle
United States

I think it is different from country to country. I know in Denmark people find this hilarious!
L

22 Dec 2009     

Lana.
Ireland

Not sure I would use it myself, but I wouldn �t have any objection to any other teacher in our school using providing it is presented in the right way. Smile

22 Dec 2009     

rommaya
Egypt

I liked it so much. it is original and hilarious. I am sure I �ll use it and my kids will enjoy it. THanks gitasiva for drawing our attention to it.

22 Dec 2009     

teacherflorida
United States

Thank you for all your comments. I respect all of you. Some may call me an old windbag, but I keep on going.
Thanks again
Have a Merry Christmas

22 Dec 2009     

Stellam
Argentina

Teacherflorida:
Merry Christmas to you too. Why a windbag? Are you a boring person who talks a great deal about uninteresting topics?

22 Dec 2009     

1    2    Next >