Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > postcards from around the world    

postcards from around the world

MarionG
Netherlands

postcards from around the world

Hi everyone,
I have a real big favor to ask from all of you....Soon I will be starting a unit on countries with my 5th graders (11 year olds). they will have to learn things such as names of countries and of their capitals, the languages they speak etc. I think it would be soooo cool to show them postcards from different places in the world. You already understand what I am going to ask... I would really love it if you could send me postcards from your countries. I promise to write a card back (or better yet have my students write one back (but that will take a while since we didn �t start the unit yet, this is preperatory).
I would ask you to write something like : Hello my name is.... I am from...... It is in (continent) The capital of my country is...... and we speak.........
I know not all countries can write mail to Israel but my students would be soooo excited to get cards exactly from arab/muslim countries so I will give an address in Holland. You can send to Holland in an envelope and from there it will be sent here . It would be really great to show them cards from all over the world and this wonderful ESL community has members from truly every corner of the globe! My PM doesn �t work so I �ll just give the address here...

Marion Golany                   Marion Golany p/a Wilbers
Agron 24                           Molenberg 14
94190 Jerusalem              5541 VW Reusel
Israel                                Holland

Thanks soo much in advance to everyone willing to provide some real excitement in the English classroom!

29 Dec 2009      

ELOJOLIE274
France

Hi,
with my 13-14 year old pupils, we are starting a new Unit on "travel" in January (Australia and South Africa) but I �ll ask them if they want to send you a few postcards from France! I �m sure I �ll have at least a few volunteers ;) ! I would send you a PM with my private email address but you said it didn �t work...
bye ;)

29 Dec 2009     

MarionG
Netherlands

Great! Thanks! Indeed my pm doesn �t work but my email does, you can email me by clicking ´contact´ after you click on my picture I think...

29 Dec 2009     

suxanita
Portugal

Hi Marion,
what a lovely idea.
I �m from Portugal and I �d like to help you.
I will send a postcard with a landscape of my beautiful country!!!
Kisses from Portugal,
Susana

29 Dec 2009     

silvia.patti
Italy

I �d like to have a postcard from Jerusalem... Have I to write my address on the postcard I �m going to send you?
Bye

29 Dec 2009     

fhamlet
Turkey

Hi Marion,

My name is Cahit KANRA. I am the head of the English Department at Yakacık Doga College a private primary school in Istanbul, Turkey. It would be great for my students to share tehir letters with your student. I have nearly 60 5th grade students in my school. I think it will be satisfying for you because both my students are 5th graders and they are from a Muslim CountrySmile. Could you please tell me your e-mail address so that we can contact easily. Mine is [email protected]

Best regards
Cahit KANRA

29 Dec 2009     

ants
Switzerland

Hi Marion,

I �ll see what I can do with my two private students.
They already write to penpals in Israel but would also be happy to receive a postcard from your students. They �re both soon 11 in 2010.
You �ll have to wait until early January but I �ll get them to write you postcard from Switzerland.
Warm regards,
Fiona

29 Dec 2009     

mariamit
Greece

Hi Marion,
we return to school on Friday January 8th. I �ll do this as a New Year activty and send it to you then. I �ll put all the cards in one big envelope and use the school �s address where you can send us back a card. I hope that �s what you mean. If you �d like something else pplease PM me

29 Dec 2009     

serene
Greece

Hi, Marion!

I will gladly send you a postcard from my country. Your idea is great and I �ll be happy to help you.

Have a nice day
serene 

29 Dec 2009     

estherita
Spain

I have already sent it!!!!

29 Dec 2009     

MarionG
Netherlands

Wauw, you are great! seven different nationalities responded already!
For my class it would be enough to have 1 postcard from each country but if you want your students to write we �ll be more then happy to get more! I have only 15 students in my class but I am sure the other 5th grade classes will be more than willing to write postcards from Jerusalem to your schools as well! With the wide range of countries represented on this site it should be possible to get postcards from more than 15 different countries! It would be really amazing to have each student write to a different country! What an experience that would be! All together we have about 45 fifth graders Could we get 45 different countries to send us a postcard?
Indeed it is important to give a return address (preferably of the school or the teacher - not 60 different private addresses) so I or my students can write a postcard from Israel back to you!

29 Dec 2009     

1    2    3    Next >