Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Please, read this:    

Please, read this:

zailda
Brazil

Please, read this:

http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=15479

5 Jan 2010      

eng789
Israel

PhilipR  -  You could a least be less sarcastic and a bit more sensitive.  
A simple "I don �t think this is the place to solve this problem", would have been enough.

5 Jan 2010     

source
Turkey

philipr ;

This is not just an ordinary website . First of all you must be aware of the family you are in. What are the cons of doing a favour for someone in your family even if it is nothing to do with education..... I assume , ,it worths trying....

5 Jan 2010     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Dear Zailda,
my friend went through something similar in England. She contacted the Czech embassy and there were people able to help her. I am sorry I cannot help in different way.

@Philip, your sarcasm is definitely something what doesn �t belong here, sorry but I don �t understand to your approach. No-one was talking about "husbands hunt" so your comment is out of order:o((

5 Jan 2010     

vardaki
Cyprus

PhilipR
We are all human. Most of us are teachers. We are all members of a site that we share printables. We are all in a family named esl.printables.
And here we have the right to express anything each other with a friendly way.
What is your problem?

5 Jan 2010     

Sonn
Russian Federation

I guess there are three ways of sovling the problem: police, embassy or journalists.

5 Jan 2010     

Kate (kkcat)
Russian Federation

This case is a very very serious case and the results depend on  many factors. First of all, are there any special shelters for women in Germany? She should go there and stay there , they will provide  a free lawyer (I am not sure if this system works in Germany though). Then there are so many things she should take into consideration: if she is a German citizen or not. Have there been any other accidents where her husband was involved - has she ever called the police to report abuse?
Please, google forums for women who are married to European men, there must be some and I am sure some people will help her there.

P.S. Dear colleagues, who knows maybe here on this forum will be somebody who will be able to help. Nobody is going to talk about abusive husbands and discrimination.

Edit: Hm, I tried googling women�s shelters in Germany and got no useful results. How come? She can call the police and ask them about nearest shelters to her. 

5 Jan 2010     

zailda
Brazil

Dear friends:

I �m aware this case is not related to ESL, and I commented it on my first thread. BTW, Erica is one of the first members here and has contributed to create this wonderful site we have now, since the very beginning.

I don �t know if this story has 2 sides, I only know the facts: her husband is from Holland, she lives in Germany and he asked her to take their son to visit his parents on Xmas, in Holland. They discussed, he hit her and expulsed her from home. She hasn �t seen her son since Dec. 26th, she is at a hotel, without her things, clothes or money. Can we do something?

Please, members from Germany and Holland, send me addresses of places where she can get help.

PhilipR, I asked if members can help. If you can �t, please spare me your sarcasm, I �m not in the mood for it; the case is serious and I don �t have time to waste playing with you. Maybe worksheets and points are the most important thing for you at this site, but for me they aren �t. The most important for me are the human beings who produce them.

If you fthink my thread doesn �t have place here, ask Victor to erase it or wait until it disappears, so it won �t bother you anymore.

5 Jan 2010     

Samantha.esl
Italy

This is so sad..It really breaks my heart!:(

We can �t help her with laws or anything...

But we can help with our support.
Where in Germany is she? I can ask my sister, who is living there, to take her some clothes or something. She lives in Stuttgart. She will be willing to send her something by post even.

5 Jan 2010     

zailda
Brazil

@Samantha, I don �t know exactly the city where she is, she is desperate but as soon as she calms down a little and sends me the details I asked for, I �ll let you know. I know she was at the police station i Stuttgart, so she may be near there. I �ll talk to you as soon as I have more info.

Thanks for your support

Hugs

5 Jan 2010     

wakebeauty
Brazil

Dear Zailda, 

Thx to Erika I new about eslprintables, coz she has a yahoo group. She was always an inspiration to us... 

When I heard about her story through your topic I was shoked... 

I �m also a mum and I can imagine and feel her pain!!!!

In her community, I read that a friend of her �s ("Senhor tu �s t�o" this her name in the orkut)
has sent a letter to the embassy in Roterdan and  they answered that Erika should look for "Dr. Marlen Bulterman", a Brazilian lawyer that lives in Holland. HIS EMAIL IS: { [email protected]}.

Try and talk to Silk about him, maybe she can contact him...

HOPE ERIKA HAS HER BABY IN HER ARMS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE...

Please, let me know if I there �s something I can do ok?!?

Fernanda Nunes (wakebeauty)

PHILLIP, SHAME ON YOU AND ON YOUR SARCASM!!!! HOPE YOU NEVER HAVE A SITUATION LIKE THAT IN YOUR FAMILY...

5 Jan 2010     

1    2    Next >