Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > ..................................    

elderberrywine
Germany

too much policing going on here. I �m with you, Julieta.

stop the witch-hunt please

and zailda, your question "Is this a teacher �s behavior? Won �t all this abuse ever end?"
shows that you don �t take human nature into account.

This IS human nature. We must fight theft and dishonesty, but I think those complaining tones of "is this teacher-like?" are quite immature.

I don �t believe that 100 teachers are better than 100 doctors or 100 taxi drivers or 100 nurses.
In every group of 100 or 1000 or 10000 you get a certain percentage of people who disrespect rules, who disrespect others, who steal, cheat and betray.

Fight them, ok, but do it behind the scenes- it �ll be just as efficient. And don �t whine that humanity is imperfect and needy of redemption...

20 Jan 2010     

zailda
Brazil

@Julieta, she is sorry. But she deleted the ws reported today, to avoid being banned afther the "3 strikes". So, is it? You keep doing the same wrong thing and then say: "I �m sorry?"

As teachers, we teach our students to take the consequences from our wrong actions.

20 Jan 2010     

zailda
Brazil

@edlerverein I know there are a percentage who are not honest, but the system was provided to get them banned. Cheaters will be banned after 3 strikes.

I don �t think it �s good to do it behind scenes - it �s the site protection, so everyone should be aware who is who here. People cheat and then come to the forum to play the "good guy".

There are a percentage who disrespect rules, but shouldn �t we fight them off?

If I am immature, it �s not against the rules, is it? But being dishonest is.

EDIT: I�m really surprised, this forum has space for all kinds of posts, almost anything a person can think of he posts on the forum. And some things are related only to one member.

And now, that Silke is telling us another scheme cheaters discovered to get away, you�re telling us to discuss it privately?

Is it unimportant, is it not related to all of us?

Sorry, but it sounds to me like: don�t bother us with the cheaters� matter, we want other things on the forum. Like what? Sentences correction? People whining because they had their wss removed?

Isn�t this important to be discussed for all members?

You react this way when an important thing is posted on the forum, and you are asked to participate. And if we don�t, you say that moderators got the power on their hands...

20 Jan 2010     

JulietaVL
Mexico

Confused so what  Zailda? is the site going to be banned because of that?
He knows if he commits the same mistake again he will be banned, let it be...

You are not forgiving mistakes... please Zailda, you are not a jury here.

Sorry if I offend

20 Jan 2010     

zailda
Brazil

Julieta, how can she be banned if she deletes the reported ws? Is it fair? 

20 Jan 2010     

elderberrywine
Germany

@zailda:
"Isn�t this important to be discussed for all members?"

This was your question.

My answer is: not really, because the discussions don �t lead anywhere.

We discuss and ban one black sheep

The next day there are five new black sheep we can discuss and ban.

And so on. We�ll forever be discussing.

Discussing it won �t change a single thing. But it will destroy the atmosphere here

There should be more efficient mechanisms of control and of banning behind the scenes

20 Jan 2010     

zailda
Brazil

And I find it funny: I didn �t ask for the "moderator �s job" and I don �t remember Victor telling me that accepting it, I would give up my rights as a member. And as a member, I have the right to express my indignation for so many breaking the rules, as anybody else has.

20 Jan 2010     

zailda
Brazil

I �m not a jury, I �m a member. And as a member I have every right to express my opinion.

20 Jan 2010     

JulietaVL
Mexico

You have not answered some of my questions Zailda, but well, I give up in this discussion, I totally agree with edlerverein... the atmosphere is bad becasue of this and everytime some of you have something personal against a member we`ll surely see a thread like this...

You all have rights as members, as moderators but not as a jury of the site...

Have a nice day =)

20 Jan 2010     

malice6
Poland

Yeah yeah, there was much said about who has the right to their opinions and who doesn �t e.g.: here http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=15864
I think edlerverein is completeley right and it was what I wanted to convey in the thread above. We don �t need any pointless discussions like this and just try to do our job, without insulting words or pictures.

20 Jan 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    Next >