Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > About reading exercises    

About reading exercises

Samantha.esl
Italy

I don �t understand why you are saying all this Julieta, after all worksheets are always removed if a clear link is provided. Haven �t you seen that members usually say, �I �ll refrain from voting until there is a clear link. � In fact, the worksheet you were defending now has a link to prove is a copy from the web...
There is something that puzzles me, I don �t understand why you make such a fuss out of this, you make it look like moderators are always conspirating to see what worksheet and what user can be banned and that �s not like this AT ALL..
What do you pretend? to leave people upload anything and not report it because you feel that �s not the spirit of the web site?
Everytime something is reported even though with links.... there you come to defend what has not point.
I do have some worksheets where I explain the texts have been written by me, first to let people know and second, so that if there is a mistake I can be told of and improve.
You make it look like the site is falling apart because things aren�t as you like! I disagree with you! For the things you like, there you have the cafe! This is not a playground!

14 Feb 2010     

Zora
Canada

Samantha,

A lot of worksheets have been deleted because they didn �t have a task - original texts or not. Julieta is just pointing this out. She is not defending any worksheet from the Reported section.

14 Feb 2010     

JulietaVL
Mexico

Sam, please tell me which words I used to defend that worksheet?

I just thanked Victor for his comment, that worksheet is a copy, it should be removed

And if you do not understand my point well, it is ok...  I am sure some members do understand me.

And well, I pretend nothing but being fair, I know you do not like me and that is why you say all this, whenver you have started a fuss (quite often in the past) I did nothing but read you and if I found your post out of places I used to ignore you, why don �t you do the same with me? or if you are tired of silly Julieta send me a pm and we can make things clear, I promise I won �t call you a "witch" as you did call me a witch in public some months ago :D 

I am such a bad member here for wanting a place full of a good atmosphere as in the past... A past in which you did not participate, remember what I told you when I met you? So you really do not know what I mean...

14 Feb 2010     

zailda
Brazil

To avoid unfair reporting, I �m suggesting the members to state it when it �s an original text, since any member with 10 points or more is able to report a ws. Each one can choose to follow or not my suggestion, but if they do, the wss written by members won �t be reported and moderators will have more time to check the others. You know, the more you work, the more you make mistakes.

14 Feb 2010     

JulietaVL
Mexico

Oh and if I come to defend what I should not well... maybe I should stop being a moderator... I will stop being one only and only if Victor asks me to, or probably I could quit the site and then come back with another nickname, who knows??

But if some people around here do not like me believe me I really do not care, I defend what I believe is good for the site, sorry if that bothers you

14 Feb 2010     

JulietaVL
Mexico

I agree with the suggestion Zailda... I am totally with you on that, if members described properly their worksheets I am sure lots of problems would be avoided

14 Feb 2010     

Samantha.esl
Italy

DEar Juliet!! .-O))))

I have never called you a witch!!
Oh wait... yes, I v rremmeber.. .. vut I vas being naughty... maybe we should have ESL congress of witches.  (like the ones in Roal Dahls)... I love that book!
They only witch here is me when I wake up!..
LOOK:

14 Feb 2010     

zailda
Brazil

When you defend the site it doesn �t bother me at all. When you defend work that doesn �t fit the rules just because you don �t agree with the rules,  and question the way the others vote, it really bothers me because we have the right to show our POV or even give suggestions, but being attacked because I defend what I think is the right thing to do really bothers me.

You see, if you want to speak your mind, you also have to respect the others when they do the same. I �m sure we are doing our best to the site benefit and no one wants to hurt or harm anyone.

14 Feb 2010     

victor
Spain

This is quite simple, so there is no reason to discuss.

Worksheets consisting on a simple text to read must only be removed if they are copied from other sources (websites or books).
The author doesn �t have to explain in the description that it is his/her own text. We must assume so, unless a clear link to the original source is provided.

14 Feb 2010     

JulietaVL
Mexico

That is exactly what I meant since the beggining Victor, not to punish members cuz the description is incomplete

Zailda, I never defend copied stuff, I defend wss like the one you reported, a poster with the alphabet. The author explained it was for Ss to learn the alphabet and you said it was not an ESL resource cuz in Spanish, French and some other languages the same alphabet is used... I told you that it does not matter, that in Enlgish it is ALSO used so why should it be removed? that worksheert was not breaking any rule... So Zailda,  next time I see that you or anyone reports a wss that is NOT against the rules and should be removed just because you think it is not an ESL resource I will keep on defending as I am sure you defend stuff and if you feel that as a personal attack I am so sorry, I have nothing against you ...

I also remember you voting for the removal of wss because you had similar wss in your book and you could not see original work of the author, even though I did and some others did too... so Zailda, maybe I am too bad for defending wss that do not break rules

And Sam... wow, you are so funny, you made my day, good, attack and then regret being funny, cool!

14 Feb 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    Next >