Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > About reading exercises    

About reading exercises

zailda
Brazil

You have your opinion about what is or isn �t an ESL resource, because of that we have so many moderators to check and vote. At the end, the majority will prevail and not my idea or yours.

If I report a ws that you think should stay, you are not obliged to agree with me. I think that �s the reason for Victor to provide a green link "I don �t agree, it should stay."

When I report a worksheet and others don �t agree, it �s not a crime, you know. When we report a ws it �s submited to the others � appreciation and there �s no need to attack the reporter, because I �m sure he did it with the best intentions. At the reporting page, if you don �t agree, explain your reasons to believe you �re correct. Attacking or questioning others lead us nowhere.

14 Feb 2010     

eng789
Israel

Victor cleared up the point  -  so why are you 2 still at it.  Calm down.

Thanks Victor.

Good night to all.

14 Feb 2010     

zailda
Brazil

Barbara, sorry for the inconvenience, but I don �t leave a question without an answer.

14 Feb 2010     

JulietaVL
Mexico

It surprises me to read what you just posted, you, who always follows the rules (according to you)... Posters do not break the rules, that is all

The comment box is for that, to express our opinions as I always do, it surprises me you keep on telling that I attack you, I do not! if asking you why you reported is an attack, then I won �t or maybe I should go to Europe to learn manners.

I am not obligued to agree with you, that is clear! I usually do not, that is why I ASK... but it seems I cannot ask. I do not use bad words, I do not say you are nasty, bad or wahtever, I just ASK!!! what �s the attack on that?

And lots of times you have solved my doubts and you have showed me you are right and I always say: "Thanks Zailda, I did not know that"... have you seen that?

And I know that if you mistakenly report a wss it does not turn it into a crime, but what if for that reason we are losing lots of valuable members? Commiting the same mistakes over and over again is a crime, I guess...

14 Feb 2010     

zailda
Brazil

If you say "this worksheet is good because I can put it up in the classroom and ask my ss to say the numbers aloud" you are commenting the ws and providing important information that makes others think about.

If you say: "why do you always vote against this kind of useful work?" or "what do you mean by a copy?" or "I don �t agree with the use of this word in this case", or "are you kidding? Why do you say it �s not an ESL resource?" it leads us nowhere and yes, it bothers me.

14 Feb 2010     

JulietaVL
Mexico

Mmmm sorry, I have never used those phrases

I use phrases like: Why was this reported? You can...

But it is ok Zailda, from now on I have learnt how to talk to you

14 Feb 2010     

zailda
Brazil

You don �t need to talk to me, in fact the comment pannel was provided to share info about ws and not to attack who is voting against or for it.

14 Feb 2010     

JulietaVL
Mexico

Awhhh... ok ok...

I say names becasue I ask the reporter, I won �t ask Zora if she did not report it!

And next time you see I "attack" you, please send me a pm in order that I know I did.

Have a nice day

14 Feb 2010     

Samantha.esl
Italy

I don �t understand why you keep arguing Julieta.. The rules are crystal clear!
Stop provoking people!

14 Feb 2010     

zailda
Brazil

I �d suggest you to say this kind of things by PM and not at the reporting pannel, provided to give info about the worksheet being voted.

14 Feb 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    Next >