Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning powerpoints > How to reunit PPT that were split ?     

How to reunit PPT that were split ?

Liligirl
Brazil

How to reunit PPT that were split ?

Hi friends ,

I �ve seen that many PPT files were split due to size limit of 300k and some members have to split them more than 3 parts, which means that they were not allowed to post them the same day . So , I �d like to know if there is a way that we can reunit the parts of PPT file in just  one file again after download all parts and rename in just one file . It  will be easier to use one   file in class than to use many parts  separately , sometimes I lost one part..... 

Lili

19 Feb 2010      

zailda
Brazil

Hi!

The other thread related to this topic has vanished, so I repost it here. I also want an answer to your question, have no idea either...Cry

http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=16697

19 Feb 2010     

starrr
Brazil

Hey Lili, all you have to do is:

Open all the files that are separated, put them organized side by side or in cascade of your screen. (use tools bar to organize your windows that are opened.
Open then a new document on PowerPoint.
Save it as a new document eg. "story-full 3 parts" for example.
Select and Copy the parts you want .
Put PowerPoint in the mode of slides presentation (it will show you small slides - thumbnails and then you just select the last one an follow pasting the new slides in their sequence
follow copying and pasting all the parts you need and then voil� you have all parts in just only one document. It gives you lots of work, but this works to me.

Good luck!Smile

19 Feb 2010     

zailda
Brazil

Hmmm... not that simple... I �m lost... but will give it a try....Confused

19 Feb 2010     

starrr
Brazil

It is not so complicated Zailda, just hard work and patience and some knowledge about organization of opened windows inside a program like PowerPoint and their uses, the same applies to the word program where you can do the same joining lots of documents in just only one, I did it now and inform more detailed and different steps below mentioned before:

Open all the files and organize the files in your Powerpoint
go to the "Exibi��o Menu" - and choose "Organize windows" option JANELA - window
select the icon "cascade" or "side by side"
you can just select and copy the slides one by one or all in the same time (to select all together just click in the first one, press SHIFT of your keyboard and then run your screen and give a click in the last slide. all selected slides in their sequence will be selected, then you just copy them.
open then the new document , choose mode "CLASSIFICA��O DE SLIDES" Slides classification, it will show you the slides in THUMBNAILS , place the cursor after the last one and then paste the files.
and follow doing these procedures till the end.
change between the opened windows, copy, select the place to paste, open the others files to see the sequence, copy again, find the new document to paste, paste it again and follow doing this till the end of all documents.

it really needs some good concentration about what you are doing.

for those who are not so experienced doing this I suggest then you open just the first and the second part and when you get to unify these two in one then you can follow to doing the same procedures to the third and forth or fifth part in a separated way till the end of them.

for any more details I am here to help you guys, just ask me.Wink

19 Feb 2010     

lshorton99
China

I do it without opening a new document.

Say for example the ppt is in 3 parts.

1. Go to the first part and make sure you have the slides in view at one side as well as the current slide view.

2. Scroll down to the final slide

3. Go to the second part and click on the first slide (the small thumbnail, not the main view)

4. Click on Select all

5. Click on Copy

6. Go back to the first part

7. Right click below the final slide.

8. Select Paste. (different versions of ppt have different options but you want the one that keeps all formatting in.)

9. Repeat for other parts.

Hope this helps - give it a go and you should be ok.

Smile

19 Feb 2010     

zailda
Brazil

Hey guys, it seems you �re very skillful at ppt. How about preparing a ppt tutorial? It will help lots of members (like me) who are not as skilled as you are. I �ll be the first to download it.

19 Feb 2010     

starrr
Brazil

Ok, Zailda I will try to do this tutorial then with images and information and steps about how to do it. HugsWink

19 Feb 2010     

zailda
Brazil

It �ll be really appreciated. Thanks, dear! Thumbs Up

19 Feb 2010     

Liligirl
Brazil

Thank you all . I �ll  try to reunit the PPTs following your instructions .

19 Feb 2010     

yolprica
Spain

Ishorton �s guidelines are great and easy to follow. Thanks for sharing your knowledge with us, I �ll download your tutorial to learn a litttle bit more. And if you know how to reduce the size of documents easily, please include this information in your tutorial.
Hugs
Yolanda

19 Feb 2010     

1    2    Next >