Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > ---    

---

blunderbuster
Germany

---

---

4 Mar 2010      

Yulia Mo
Russian Federation

Supporting you in every word you say. I �m so sad with all the copies i see every day. Many people really believe they can steal an get away with it.
Very sad.

4 Mar 2010     

colibrita
United Kingdom

Just a thought...

Perhaps a token 5 euro annual subscription charge might get rid of the "riff raff"...

It would reward Victor as well for the huge amount of time he has to spend on here.

4 Mar 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

4 Mar 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

4 Mar 2010     

mena22
Portugal

Regina, I complete understand what you mean. Yesterday we were having a debate here in the forum about this topic, although the focus was on reading worksheets with texts and reading activities taken from ESL textbooks.

Unfortunately, after reading the posts, we come up to the conclusion that there is no consensus about this, even though victor has tried to make the rules clear.

While some believe that work copied from a website or a book should be reported and removed, others believe that it shouldn �t, because this "reporting thing" has damaged, is damaging the sharing spirit of the site, putting at risk its survival. For these, the ones who report and/or moderate copied resources become the bad guys, and those who share copied work the victims. A total subversion of the concept of "sharing", don �t you think? Or should I say a total subversion of the concepts of right and wrong?

Have a nice day.
mena

4 Mar 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

4 Mar 2010     

zailda
Brazil

Hi!

I completely agree with you. Some members look like my mother-in-law, who would accept anything wrong in her house, rather than to have debates and risking her home good atmosphere.

I agree that the "sharing spirit" should be kept, but I see it every day when I have more than a hundred original contributions to choose from. And I thank every member who takes the time to create something especially for his students and decides to share his work with us. This is the sharing spirit.

Taking your work and uploading it here - sharing spirit.

Taking other person �s work and "sharing" it without the owner �s knowledge - well, every adult here knows the name for it, no need to mention.

4 Mar 2010     

FroggyClaudine
France

The way I see it, some people keep on thinking that EVERYTHING is free on the net. It �s not the case here where people have to really share which means they have to contribute to be able to download anyway it �s the way I �ve always understood the aim of Victor �s site. Other people obviously seem to understand otherwise and cheat to... I don �t know exactly what actually. I sometimes see stunning worksheets by people who spend a lot of their time making fantastic ws and other times, I see wonderful ws which are just too good to be true but even when I surf the net, I can never come up with the right justification to be able to report. I would if I could find the place where the ws are taken from because Victor spends hours keepint the wonderful site running smoothly and I do think it �s a real shame to try to cheat on him and the real sharers on this site.

4 Mar 2010     

Mariethe House
France

I think this moderating business from members is wrong!  it is difficult to be judge and party at the same time!
Victor should appoint moderators from....Ii don �t know where( decide without our knowing who is going tobe a moderator  )Smileand only these people should have a right to say Yes or No to a ws without any comments ! It works like that on other sites! Why not on this one?
Iinstead, we start fighting over what should be or should not be and we feel miserable on each side of the coin!! it is a great shame as we have developped a great spririt of friendship on this site! It sshould not disappear! After all, when we mark papers we, teachers decide if a paper is acceptable or not ! So why don �t we have the same system here? 
 The system itself is tricky as it privileges some members over other members! And rule after rule, it is still not working properly! Maybe we should pay a fee to register to help with finding impartial moderators who would not be members at the sametime!

4 Mar 2010     

David Lisgo
Japan

I have tried being one of the good guys, but I �m back to being one of the "bad guys" Mena has spoken about.  I confess that I �m back to reporting old worksheets.  I �m always hoping that members who lose points and worksheets because of copyright transgressions will decide to clean up their own accounts and become eminent members of this site.  I see almost everyday badly written descriptions of worksheets with flawless grammar.  If you are unable to write grammatical exercises yourself then produce something else. That �s what I do.

Thank you Regina and Mena for expressing your thoughts so well, I am sure that your words are greatly appreciated by the vast majority of members.

Back to making worksheets,
David

4 Mar 2010     

1    2    3    Next >