Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > What happens when a worksheet is reported?    

What happens when a worksheet is reported?

coyote.chus
Spain

What happens when a worksheet is reported?

What happens when a worksheet is reported? Mine had some sentences from different sources, books, webpages, lots of exercises I had on documents from the past. some of thiem I didn´t remember where they had been taken.
But unfortunately it was reported... and removed. I have thought that some people hunt for copied material. What do you think?

5 Mar 2010      

manonski (f)
Canada

I �m pretty sure that most people here do not hunt printables for the chance to report them. Sometimes we look for a specific topic and we see printables that we know have been stolen.
Also, to report a copy as stolen, the person must also prove where it �s been stolen from and give a link or a book title. I doubt it  matters if the book is or was out of print.

5 Mar 2010     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Hi,
I don �t know how many sentences taken from ESL books your ws includes, but this is what you could read before you uploaded your contribution. 

You can use texts from other websites or books in your worksheets if you add your own exercises or activities (For example, reading comprehension questions, etc). Please don �t take texts from other ESL websites or books, it would be unfair.

Now it �s up to moderators how they will decide.

5 Mar 2010     

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

Dear chus estebanez,

I �m not quite sure some people �hunt � for copies, and even if they do, they are provinding a service for the website and its members. I doubt that if you add a random example taken from other books you will have your ws reported, but if you copy a whole exercise or anything from a website or books, no matter how old they are, it �s a copy.

Moderators do a good job helping the website in its original intention: SHARING ORIGINAL WORK.

It also doesn �t matter if you typed them yourself, copying is not allowed. Everybody learns from books, but we should always be careful when making our wss.

Bruna.

5 Mar 2010     

jdrc
Spain

I have the same problem Chus, I fell this web isn�t for all of us. I feel hunted down aswell. I was reported also today. At this rate It won�t be worth while making a ws for about a hour and then they report it and I feel i just waisted my day. Good Luck!

5 Mar 2010     

mena22
Portugal

I �m sorry. I �m usually a very calm, sensible person, but this continuous subversion of the concepts of right and wrong is really getting into my nerves!

According to the rules of the site, you are not allowed to use copied material from books or websites. You have said it yourself that you took the exercises from a book, which infringes one of the laws of the site.  The person who reported your worksheet and the moderators just did their job. How come that in your eyes they have become the offenders?

Please, take some time to read the rules. If everybody did that, it would save us all a lot of trouble. In all senses.

Have a good evening.
mena

5 Mar 2010     

manonski (f)
Canada

Mena... just for you:Hug

5 Mar 2010     

lshorton99
China

I �m afraid chus, I have to back mena, mj misa and brunadutra here. There is no big conspiracy. Since the new rules were posted, I think it �s very clear what is and is not acceptable and I actually find having such straightforward rules comforting. Those rules clearly state that copying from esl textbooks, which you have admitted to doing, is not acceptable and will not be tolerated. If someone has reported you for doing something which goes against the (again, clearly stated) rules of the site then you have no grounds for complaint and certainly no reason to air your grievance in hope of support on the forum.

Whether or not you wish the rules of the site were different is another matter. The moment you click to upload your work you are agreeing to abide by those rules.

Also, you �ll find that most websites are cracking down on copyright violations at the moment so your attitude might not be particularly welcome elsewhere either.

Please think before you rant - the new rules were discussed for some time and amended according to the views presented by members of this site in order to prevent this kind of discussion.

5 Mar 2010     

Jayho
Australia

Hi everyone

If you can�t abide, or even accept, the rules of this fantastic free site then perhaps this isn�t the site for you. 

There are heaps of ESL sites where you can obtain equally good resources without being a member.  A good ESL teacher will have a stock of good websites in their bookmarks (and use the extensive list of bookmarks here).

So, please do us all favour and use your time wisely by exploring those options rather than whinging on the forum about how unfair the site is. The site is not unfair so get used to it or go away.

Cheers

Jayho

6 Mar 2010     

aliciapc
Uruguay

Clap Jayho

6 Mar 2010     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hello

Just to show my thumbs up to MENA, MISA, BRUNA, JAYHO ANS ALICIAThumbs Up

Rules are rules, either  we like them or not. This is called democracy, because new rules were long discussed in the forum for those who show up.
Victor collected the general feeling, and, here we are... this is our new home. Everyone invited, if one wants to stay.

Smile, weekend is around the corner
hugs
linda

6 Mar 2010     

1    2    Next >