Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Best Food For a First-Date....    

Best Food For a First-Date....

GIOVANNI
Canada

I can tell you about an unusual experience.  In Montreal we have a restaurant called O. Noir

21 Mar 2010     

lshorton99
China

Dating - that sounds familiar. I think I vaguely recall what it �s like!

I had a particularly special first date when I was 18. We went to Pizza Hut and my date spent at least 50% of the time flirting with the waitress. So that �s somewhere to avoid.

Perhaps I �m biased but since I moved to Spain, tapas are a good first date food. You can eat as much or as little as you want (depending on the impression you want to make), and there �s lots of variety to cater to different tastes. Plus, if it goes well, you can share food and if it doesn �t you don �t have to!

I also think it �s good to go somewhere you know really well on the first date - preferably where you know the staff who can help you out of difficult situations!

Of course, most of my first date experience takes place in bars so food isn �t the issue - I wish I could be more help Samantha!

good luck!

21 Mar 2010     

Samantha.esl
Italy

Thank you Giovanni for the information about such restaurant.. When I was first reading, I thought: �complete darkness? � so, how are you suppose to have a good look of your first date! but then I read it �s for blind people. It �s great!
Dear Ishortong99, thank you for your help. Of course it �s helpful. And I �ll take your advice! Wink
Thank you Marieth�... very romantic.. but if you were to go to a restaurant what would you eat? That �s the idea..:-)
Thank you Gloria! Approve

21 Mar 2010     

anaisabel001
Spain

My first date? My God!!! So many years have passed!!!!
I go with Mariehte, a romantic place is more than important than the food .A walk along the beach on a starry night  would be perfect.As Ishortton says ,  tapas are  popular in Spain and you can share food.Some seafood (octopus, prawns,crwafish, lobster...)  and a glass of white wine might be a good choice.

21 Mar 2010     

Samantha.esl
Italy

Thank you Anaisabel!!Cool

Oh!! @JulietaVL, if you don �t have anything to say about the topic please don �t comment on my posts!

21 Mar 2010     

JulietaVL
Mexico

Ok boss!! Sorry I never meant to make you get mad....Cool

21 Mar 2010     

libertybelle
United States

Samantha - get over yourself.
That really makes bad vibes.  No one here is trying to
ruin your thread. Come on! 

What not to eat?  Well for garlic lovers - I �ve heard that if you eat a bit of parsley
it will take the garlic/onion smell away.

I think the worst smell on someone �s breath is cigarettes!

21 Mar 2010     

Samantha.esl
Italy

Libertybelle, Get over YOURself... who are YOU to tell me such thing.

obviously Not helpful at all!

Oh and JulietaVL, you are always looking for conflict and attention. I�m not your boss and stop refering to me or posting stupid things on myposts! NOT helpful!

21 Mar 2010     

gabitza
Romania

Hi Sam,
Isn �t it easier if you focus on �What not to eat if you go on a date � sort of list of advice? You could ask Ss to give reasons why to avoid certain food and suggest something else (You shouldn �t eat garlic... because your breath is going to be too smelly for a goodbye kiss. You should eat ... because .... )

Hugs,
Gabitza 

21 Mar 2010     

JulietaVL
Mexico

If you are not my boss, stop behaving as if you were

Who are u to tell me if I should thank Baiba or not? Who are u to tell me if I should find Gloria �s comment funny?

Please stop believing this has to do with you, u are not that important my dear...

22 Mar 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3    Next >