Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Premium member?    

Premium member?

kristynofis
Chile

Ok thank you a lot! and I insist! I disagree on the idea of not being a premium member

30 Apr 2010     

Sonn
Russian Federation

kristynofis, you �ve got 33 points. It means you ARE a premium member and can download 30 new contributions daily, even today.

30 Apr 2010     

zailda
Brazil

Some questions on my mind now (no need to answer though):

- Why do we have the rules clearly stated on the first page  if the new members don �t read them before signing "I agree" and ask about on the forum later?

- Why to do something we can do ourselves if we can ask someone else to do it for us?

- Why do we ask our students to read the directions before answering the questions if we don �t folow our own advice?

- Why to simplify things if we can make them become even more difficult and complicated than they really are?

30 Apr 2010     

kaz76
United Kingdom

In response to Julia �s answer, you do not need to subtract the number of downloads from your points to make sure that you have 30 left.  Once you reach 30 points you are always a premium member even if you download 30 old contributions.  It is 30 points to become a premium member, nothing to do with how many downloads you make.

Karen

30 Apr 2010     

juliag
Japan

Thanks for clearing that up Karen, I didn �t realize that.

1 May 2010     

sp.watson
Thailand

Wow! Thanks to all those who contributed in clarifying the rules for me. 
In response to the few disparaging remarks - I did actually refer back to the rules before posting in the forum, but the "daily recent contributions" is not very prominent or easy to understand:

"Every time someone downloads one of your worksheets, you get one point, which will be added to your account.
For example, if you have 12 points, you can make 12 downloads from the site.
When you reach 30 points, you become a premium user. Premium users are allowed to download 30 of the daily recent contributions for free."

I wonder if that might explain why all the new users post the same questions!
Maybe the following wording might be clearer:

"... 30 free downloads per day, but only from contributions made that same day"

Just a thought!

3 May 2010     

elderberrywine
Germany

The words "recent contributions" in our ESL context applies to the contributions of the day. It �s a sort of category on this site that people who are new might not know.

Someone who is told they can download 30 worksheets from recent contributions and doesn �t know how this site works might think that "recent" refers to the last couple of days, in a more general sense.
The words "recent contributions" are misleading, Victor could explain more clearly that it means the contributions published ON THAT DAY.

3 May 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3