Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > PLEASE; FOLKS; GO EASY ON COLOUR; PICTURES; DARK BACKGROUNDS, SHADES AND LARGE FRAMES    

PLEASE; FOLKS; GO EASY ON COLOUR; PICTURES; DARK BACKGROUNDS, SHADES AND LARGE FRAMES

imelda
Mexico

i would just like to say that i totally agree with colibrita and that i think that new age categories should be made because there are worksheets for all tastes and levels but they would be much easier to find if new categories were made. this site is HUGEEEEE and growing and its sometimes difficult to find age appropriate worksheets because they are all under 14+ at most..

I would also like to say that I agree with stellam when she says that there are worksheets for all tastes and that we shouldnt fuss so much but if there were more categories then maybe it would be easier to pick and choose what is best for our learners...  :)

13 May 2010     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi Stellam

Just a word - HOW SMART YOU ARE !!!!!

Thanks for having brought some light here around.

In fact, it happens to me quite often, I go to the supermarket and there are always lots of, tons of,  wonderful , brilliant, colourful .... fruit.
 And...what do I do? I check the price - obviously, because I know that even some of that wonderful fruit is too expensive for me, but, even so, I can �t, I don �t go up to the supermarket �s supervisor telling him that he shouldn �t have that kind of fruit, that fruit from my own place, with less colour is more this or more that........ Clap

See what I mean? This is a kind of big printables � store - each one of us arrives here and takes what each one of us likes.
So simple, so easy, why are people always complaining??????
Your world DOESN �T exist. We all live in OUR world - it �s ours - we all have to have a place here.
That was what I was taught when I was a young teen, my dad used to say
" This is not just your world. There are many more people around ; stop and have a glance around!"

So, it goes like this,
wishing you ALL a nice thursday ( Portuguese holiday, thanks to the Pope �s visit ) and ... smile... tomorrow is another  ( Fri) day.
hugs
linda

13 May 2010     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Well, this topis has been here several times. Most of the people says they cannot print in colour (neither can I), but ...go to recent contributions page and have a look what wss have the most downloads. The coloured ones with loads of pictures (and unfortunatelly very little space to write in). I am not trying to offend those who create these wonderful wss. I am just saying almost everybody here is talking against this kind of wss but it seems like most of the members download them. Really strange. Ermm
And you know what? I also upload colourful wss more than the B&Ws, because I know I will get more points (sorry, I am just a human being), but I don �t usually use these for my sts. Even thought some of them look good in grey scale, I have some wss different for ESL printables and different for my children. I don �t like myself for that very much, but I have learnt here that colours are what matters - at least it looks like by the numbers of downloads. Sad, but true.
Have a nice day everybody, Michaela

13 May 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

I shop at the local health food supermarket, it saves me the time checking what is and isn �t organic ;o))))

13 May 2010     

elderberrywine
Germany

MJ Misa said:
" I also upload colourful wss more than the B&Ws, because I know I will get more points (sorry, I am just a human being), but I don �t usually use these for my sts. Even thought some of them look good in grey scale, I have some wss different for ESL printables and different for my children."
That �s exactly what I do.

And that �s exactly what I meant in my initial post.
If more and more people say they don �t really care about all that colour and all those pictures, maybe people won �t make this extra effort just for ESL.

13 May 2010     

JulietaVL
Mexico

Stella, Olindalima... thumbs up

We all take what we find useful for us, that is all I do and I, instead of asking people to change their wss, I tell them just one thing: thanks for sharing!

13 May 2010     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

@Blunderbuster
You can do the same here; here, more or less, everything is organic.

This is a very healthy printable store.
Have a nice day
linda

@ Julieta

Thumbs up,  right, that is what we have to do :

" A HUGE THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU _ YOUR WORK KEEPS MAKING MY LIFE EASIER "

Big hugs, Juli
linda

13 May 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

More pics, bigger size, more energy...more BP oil spills.....

Well, I think MJ Misa is right, no discussion needed...useless anyway, just a shame that lots of really good and intelligent ws like elderberry �s and other people �s get buried unnoticed......the more rubble the harder the rescue...

Such a shame. But I guess that �s just how it is.

13 May 2010     

ronit85
Israel

Hello to all,

I just wanted to add that any of you who have kids with attention problems and/or learning disabilities will agree that those kids just CANNOT deal with "overcrowded" workpages.
As a remedial teacher I always make sure the focus is on the topic I want to practice, that the fonts used are clear (and big enough) and that there is enough space to write the answers!
Too many pictures ,colors and unnecessary decorations distracts my pupils and interferes with their progress.
So I totally agree that content should be the main focus of a workpage.
Have a nice weekend,
Ronit

13 May 2010     

elderberrywine
Germany

glad to see that so many people feel the same... 

13 May 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3    Next >