Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Hey! Is it just me...?    

Hey! Is it just me...?

kmochniak
Poland

I �m a member, who doesn �t get that many downloads, but still, my worksheets work very well with my students and that is the most important thing. I know that wss with a lot of pictures and different things on them get more downloads, but they do not work with my students as they get confused with too much stuff in one place:) And I do not consider my wss by any means worse than other people �s only because they have few pictures and don �t get downloaded quite so much. It �s really not about that, I think:)

Hugs,

Kasia�

8 Jun 2010     

borna
Croatia

I �ve just found and downloaded many useful worksheets for teaching the alphabet, that had 0 or 1 download. They �re nice, simple and not too colourful, so they don �t use too much printer ink, which I personally prefer. Thank you everybody!

8 Jun 2010     

magneto
Greece

My point exactly, Kmochniak and Borna...I believe that �s also Elojolie �s pointWink

8 Jun 2010     

savvinka
Russian Federation

Tastes differ! 
Different countries,  people,  schools,  levels,  pupils , methods, approaches  - everything is different, that �s why even 1999th ws on Present Simple (there are already 1998 or more in here!) will be downloaded by somebody. I � m writing  to encourage all the creative and talented teachers - don �t stop uploading yr works. They are priceless! The more you create the better yr product!

8 Jun 2010     

aliciapc
Uruguay

I think it �s just you, rose95 !  I �ve personally uploaded 4 ws in the past 3 or 4 days which took some days for me to prepare. It worked very well with my ss, though they didn �t get many downloads here. I think there ALWAYS are great, colourful, B+W, useful, interesting ws here, and the other kind too...Each person does what he/she can or wants to do or knows best ... Enjoy the variety !!
Edit : Yes, we are all tired sometimes Sleepy... we �re teachers ! but NOT lazy ....Wink

8 Jun 2010     

ELOJOLIE274
France

yes I agree with the posts above! we all need different things, because we �re not the same, just as our pupils are all different!
maybe you feel people are not doing THEIR best because YOU �re not doing your best... but it �s true that since it �s the end of the year people are busy and maybe they are downloading less, that does not mean the uploaded ws are less valuable - well i �ve already said that ;)

have a nice evening!!!

8 Jun 2010     

danka.michalkova
Czech Republic

I am quite surprised by this discussion because I can find a lot of interesting worksheets here every day and I think they take a lot of time to prepare. Yes, there are some with 0 points but people may start learning and be better or they may find what other teachers need. I personally admire a lot of people here, how much time they are able to dedicate and how wonderful work they are able to share with us. I like all kind of worksheets because I teach small children privately, they do not write and read, so the colourful ones are useful. With my students - future nurses, I use board games, grammar presenations, speaking activities. We have another proverb which is quite appropriate for this situation  - You don�t know what you have until you lose it. And I wouldn�t like to lose any of those people who work so hard to share with us.

8 Jun 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

Rose, remember what Emily says in your profile?

8 Jun 2010     

fifey
United Kingdom

I haven �t uploaded amny colour ws because i simply don �t use them. My company won �t pay for the colour ink. I scan the site for what i �m currently teaching, if i find something useful i downlad it, and say thanks. If i don �t i like to see the interest in the site forum etc. There �s no such thing as a bad worksheet, there �s only ones that are appropriate to need at this time. Sadly, some people like to complain. Take a chill pill and thank your lucky stars you have this site for support if you so need. Don �t me a whinger minger. lol

8 Jun 2010     

Mabdel
Morocco

It �s not easy to have well-presented Ws .It took some times hours and hours to have final product in order to pease your student.Not just copy and paste .For those who don �t want to download coloured pictures there is an option that make you print it only in black.
By the way my words are just saying didn �t mean anyone.
Thank u all .

8 Jun 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3    Next >