Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Bad news...    

Bad news...

aliciapc
Uruguay

I hope you �ll get them divided, too! Wish you all the best ! Hug  And yes, money comes first... too sad, but true..

18 Jun 2010     

dturner
Canada

Yes, it seems that money is the bottom line.  Our public schools are challenged.  In western Canada as with other places in the world, school boards are millions of dollars in the hole.  Why?  Perhaps bad leadership in school districts or more likely under funding by our provincial government.  I am lucky.  I teach in a school where the principal understands the plight of the refugees I teach, and the students who need special assistance.  Others in our district are not so lucky. There have been 70 teachers laid off.  Some will find jobs in the district and some will be able to �bump � a less experienced teacher.  But, in the end many will lose their jobs.  As I said, I am lucky to teach a special group of needy students.  Other regular subject teachers have huge classes with many special needs (both emotionally and academically) students enrolled in them.  On the whole, I think the students in regular classes here, are not as jaded as some of the students talked about by my colleagues and their posts above.  Some are lazy, misguided and make no effort to learn, but I think there are more that are motivated.  We still have many electives for students to choose and I think learning something that interests you will help keep you in school and provide you the motivation to hand in assignments and make an effort to attend and learn.  My son has just finished his teacher training at the University of B.C.  I have told him for many years how challenging teaching is and at times very discouraging, but he still went ahead and has become a teacher.  I know he will be a good teacher because he has the most important ingredient.  He cares.  He cares, like so many of you who have written something to this thread.  If you were not so passionate about your students you would not be so disheartened.  Good luck to everyone as many of us start our summer vacations soon.  Take care.  Denise

18 Jun 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3    4