Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > injust supervisor    

injust supervisor

Adel A
Egypt

injust supervisor

I am sorry to make you busy with my personal questions but i feel you are  my brothers and sisters and not only colleagues.I wrote A PM to our wise friend Mena but I want to share you my awful feeling to you all .I work in a private school here in Saudi Arabia but I am Egyptian.I live here with my family enduring Endless troubles becasue life here differs from my country but i respect the other culture and try to cope with.The only proplem is my palestine supervisor.He is dealing with me in a very injust way.He never appreciates my work athough i work hard.My friends always tell me not to work hard as i do.They work but never participate in a single activity as i do.I am regular in my work:I prepare my ws ,Teaching Aids,new strategies for teaching.As a result my sts are wonderful.No one ever compains of me.But,he still hates me .He hates me because i am Egyptian and i have my political ideas about peace and coexsitance between the different people in the Middle East (this my own believe)Anyhow today i read my annual report i found myself less than those who do nothing more except teaching  the lessons in a traditional way.I forgot to tell you that i am an old hand teacher with a big experience and i had many diplomas from Egypt and Europe but he still hates me.He is also dihonest in most of the cases with me.Sorry my friend but i found myself writing to you because i feel depressed and flustrsted.Sorry if there were any mistakes .I am writing  to youin a direct way.

20 Jun 2010      

Nebal
Lebanon

Hello Adel,

Thanks a lot for considering us so close to tell us what bitterness you bear inside. You �re welcome at any time.

Well, absolutely yes, this supervisor is not fair when it has to do with you and your hard work. I do understand what it feels when you �re not appreciated or given your deserved position, but Adel, keep in mind that you are soooooooooo special . Yes, you are special among us here, and we do respect and appreciate you. The other teachers must follow your steps to excel in teaching .

Don �t give your supervisor your big attention, and don �t show him/her your big frustration. Show him/her that you �re confident and proud of yourself, and that nothing doubts your big success and achievements.

I don �t want to intrude in political issues . Whatever your political stance is, it shouldn �t be a solid base for judging you as a teacher.

Enjoy your success and keep faith in yourself.

Have a great week,
Nebal

20 Jun 2010     

aliciapc
Uruguay

Hi Adel, sorry to hear about  your situation... First of all, I �d stick to my ideas, no matter what. I �d take comfort in the fact that you do your best for  your sts, which is what really matters. As to the principal , as Nebal says, just don �t pay so much attention to him, don �t let him make you feel like that! He �s not worth it ... but I know it can be hard, of course.
I wish you the best, and I truly hope you �ll be valued for what you are and do at work !
A big hug ...

20 Jun 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

Do you think you might be able to approach him and tell him that you would like to improve as a teacher? Then you might ask him to tell you where you should start.

Regards

20 Jun 2010     

johanne23232
Israel

Hello Adel, Try not to let this supervisor affect you too much. The important thing is YOU know you are doing a good job and your students know it too and appreciate it....that is what is really important.  I would like to believe that in the end the truth will come out and he will get his just desserts. In the meantime, keep smiling and keep up your great work .
All the best,
Johanne

20 Jun 2010     

anahutten
Canada

I feel for you, dear Adel.
But keep smiling, and focus on your students, who are the ones who matter...
I �m sure they see all your hard work and that you inspire them to be better people everyday!
You should collect testimonials from your students and keep them in a scrapbook to read whenever you are feeling low...

20 Jun 2010     

Mariethe House
France

Cheer up Adel! No legal way to defend yourself? In France this would be called harrassment so we would start legal action! Nothing of the sort possible your way?

Good luck anyway and get people on your side...

20 Jun 2010     

Adel A
Egypt

Thanks so much my dear friends and whatever i say i can �t express my real feeling towards you all .your words relieved me so so much.Thanks for youall the ones who wrote to me pms and those who wrote int he website directly and even those who may write to share me such a problem i promise to be for ever my devotees friends.

21 Jun 2010     

anaisabel001
Spain

I wish you all the best. Good luck!Hug

21 Jun 2010     

lypau
Mexico

Hello!

It �s sad to hear those problems now, I mean, in the 21st century. It doesn �t care how much our ancesters fought to have a free world if morons as he keeps on doing what they did in the past.

Anyway, and although I hate those people, you must feel proud of yourself. Not everybody can say that he/she does everything they can to make an excellent job. 

Also if your sts haven �t complain about you or your classes and they enjoy having classes with you; you must be very happy because that �s something not everybody can do.

your best reward is your students smile Big smile

hugs from Mexico 

21 Jun 2010     

harelyta
Peru

Yes, my dear friends I have the same opinion. Just enjoy what you do. Last week my supervisor was in two of my classes. I work in a private school like you. She was sitting at the back listening to me, looking whatever I did and what my ss did it too. She doesn �t live in Peru, she lives in the US annd she always come to Peru when she is on vacation, and when my classes were over she asked me to talk with me, to say the truth I didn �t pay too much attention what she said because all my worksheets, lesson plans, homework were really bad to her so what I did is to felt sure about my work, because I am a responsible teacher and the same as you are I like to give my ss the best, I spend the entire weekend looking for materiales, reading what all of you write in this wonderful site and so..etc
Well I came to this: They are never happy with our job and imagine I have to support her for this week because she is going back to the USA at the end of the month, That �s what I think :(
Ok so don �t pay attention to this kind of people, they are not happy, really happy that �s why they always find mistakes in us
Smile, be happy, smell the flowers
Regards from Peru
Harelyta

21 Jun 2010     

1    2    Next >