Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Just to nag a little    

Just to nag a little

magneto
Greece

Alicia, yes, we can do something about the government �s decisions...But it �s not going to be an easy fight and that �s what people are trying to avoid. I used to be like that myself, but there comes a point when you just can �t stand it anymore...I just hope we won �t have to hit rock bottom before we start reacting, because, if we do, then it �s going to be really bad...You know what they say: desperate people do desperate things...I hope we won �t have to go down that road...
Edit: Hi, Lovemykids!...Wow! You all type really fast here!

22 Jun 2010     

aliciapc
Uruguay

I do understand your point, magneto, but here, this is (in my opinion) a people who don �t complain much, and nothing has ever changed because of complaining so far ... OR may be you have a point and nothing changes because noone complains ... Desperate people have done desperate things, but only a few, so it didn �t work, either. I admire you for thinking we can do sth about our govts. I really don �t think that anymore, they �ve disappointed me, no matter which political party has been in office since 1985 ... (we had dictatorship before that for many years...) I send you a big hug, from the heart...

22 Jun 2010     

magneto
Greece

That �s what worries me, Alicia...You see, we �ve had a dictatorship in our not-so-far-away past and the whole practice of feeding the people with numbing spectacles like football etc. is well-known here...and it still works! And I have this really bad feeling that, if people do become desperate and resort to desperate action, then we �ll have a dictatorship all over again - and this time it will be much better organized...I don �t want to experience that.
Thank you for the hug...Sending it backHug

22 Jun 2010     

viccxx
Greece

And the worst thing Magneto, is that I heard a couple of old guys talking in the street the other day and they were saying thet what we really need in Greece is a JUNTA again! Can you freaking believe it?? And that coming from people who actually experienced the last one...I mean I wasn �t born then but I �ve heard the gruesome details from my grandfather who was exiled.

22 Jun 2010     

viccxx
Greece

However, though I totally agree with your views on football i still have to say good luck to Greece who is playing against Argentina (and against impossible odds too). Maybe a good result (if such miracles can still happen) will lift everybody �s spirits and then something good can come out of all this frenzy. Personally i think we are in for a major ass-whooping but anyway...(pardon my French)

22 Jun 2010     

magneto
Greece

Well, maybe they lived in the province where all they experienced were the road works and where they still wanted to have a king...That �s the case where I work...a traditionally dictatorship-nostalgic place...Horrifying!
...But, it gets worse: You may actually hear that from the lips of educated people who are not that old - but old enough to have lived in those days and to know what it means...And there are actually educated people who deny the atrocities that took place back then - atrocities which have been documented by numerous sources...I find that even scarier!
I don �t understand how some people think and I dare not imagine what will happen if such opinions prevail...
Edit: Just saw your last comment...Playing against Argentina, are we? We�re doomed

22 Jun 2010     

anitarobi
Croatia

�All it takes for evil to flourish is for a few good men to do nothing. �
...and because of so many of you good people doing well what you do best I am still optimistic!!! Pls, don �t think I �m this optimistic every day - I do have my off days, unfortunately, but when I do - there �s always someone around to cheer me up and console me or to just listen - you, people!Hug

22 Jun 2010     

magneto
Greece

Yes, Anita, this forum and the cafe are pretty good psychotherapyLOL (...See? I �m starting to find my sense of humor againWink)
Hugs from Greece!

22 Jun 2010     

serene
Greece

Hi magneto! I share your feelings and I �m rather pessimistic, too. I am angry and sad but the most painful feeling is the shame I feel about the situation in my country. I feel ashamed not only of our politicians and our governments but also of our people because we have let this happen. At present I can see no hope anywhere so I think perhaps we have to hit rock bottom before we change and manage to make a new start.
Take care, my friend!
A big hug
serene

22 Jun 2010     

viccxx
Greece

By the way Magneto, I just love your Garfield!Thumbs Up I was going to use the same when i saw you had it. Mine is a bit too pissed off for my liking haha
And if rock bottom is worse than were we are, God help us!

22 Jun 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    Next >