Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > "Am i must do" - What is the best translation for it??    

"Am i must do" - What is the best translation for it??

marsala
Brazil

"Am i must do" - What is the best translation for it??

What does AM I MUST DO stand for???
Do you have any examples for this expression???

26 Jul 2010      

almaz
United Kingdom

Deborah,

This doesn �t have much syntactic coherence as it stands. What �s the context? Where did you find it?

26 Jul 2010     

Damielle
Argentina

Does it really exist?

26 Jul 2010     

marsala
Brazil

"Isn �t enough try to do this the whole day because of you? now, am i must do this on my facebook too? OWWWW, YOU ARE REALLY MY NUMBER ONE! I LOVE SO MUCH TO DO THAT!"

26 Jul 2010     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Sorry, but it is a non-sence. Where is it from? 

26 Jul 2010     

libertybelle
United States

That is not a sentence and doesn �t make any sense.

26 Jul 2010     

NanG
Argentina

I �ve "googled" the phrase and it appears several times, mainly in blogs. It also appears as "how am I must do?" . So, I think... it means " How should I do it? " or , in the case of the phrase Deborah posted it may mean" Should I do ...?  

I hope this helps  :)

Anyway, I agree with Alex, it hasn �t got much syntactic coherence.

27 Jul 2010     

Babs1966
France

"Isn �t enough try to do this the whole day because of you? now, am i must do this on my facebook too? OWWWW, YOU ARE REALLY MY NUMBER ONE! I LOVE SO MUCH TO DO THAT!"

This sentence isn �t written properly and hasn �t been written by a native speaker.
The correct sentence should be:

It �s not enough, I �ve tried to do this all day long because of you. Now I must do it on my facebook too! OWWWW, YOU ARE REALLY MY NUMBER ONE! I LOVE DOING THAT SO MUCH !

27 Jul 2010     

marsala
Brazil

Of course it wasn�t written by a native speaker. I got it from a facebook page and it sounds so strange. I�ve never heard it before.
So I intended to ask for responses to my native English friends.

I�ve also tried to search for it in the google tool and I found this expression (if we can call it an expression!) in many blogs and small sites.

Thanks for your interest.
Smile

And if a blogger reads it, please explain! We are waiting for the answers...

27 Jul 2010     

GIOVANNI
Canada

My opinion is forget about it.  Personally, I have never seen or heard that expression.  It doesn �t make sense and it isn �t something someone would teach in a school.  Perhaps it �s a typo.

27 Jul 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

Hi,

The person was probably just being silly and wanted something that rhymes. I think they want it to mean "Do I have to do that?"

Other than that, I fully agree with the others.

Regards

27 Jul 2010     

1    2    Next >