Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > What happened exactly to Malvarosa?    

What happened exactly to Malvarosa?

portugueseteacher
Portugal

What happened exactly to Malvarosa?

I just knew today that Malvarosa passed away and I �m still shocked and very sad...ConfusedWhat happenned?How can life be so unfair? I suggest we talk a little about her,,,,

14 Aug 2010      

zailda
Brazil

The only thing we can be sure about life is that it �ll end one day. Unfortunatelly malvarosa �s time among us is up. Everyone will pass away and I �ve learned this lesson from my daughter when she was a little girl. Our dog had 9 puppies but one of them was very weak and seemed to be very sick.

I was looking at all puppies with my daughter (who was 9 or 10 years old then) and asked:

- Do you think that small puppy will die?

- Mom - replied her - I �m sure all of them will.

I was shocked to hear that from a child but after a few seconds I agred with her and will never forget it.

All of us will pass away one day and all we can do is to give support to the ones who miss their beloved mom, sister or friend. We have to go on and since there �s nothing really effective we can do about, we have to accept it in a natural way.

After all, death is part of life.

Sorry if I sound a little insensitive but I have already lost my parents and many other beloved relatives and had to learn how to manage to continue living without them.

I believe in God and spiritual life, so the faith I �m going to meet them again some day (don �t know if in a short or long time) really gives me some comfort. I guess it may be much more difficult for the ones who don �t share the same beliefs.

Zailda

14 Aug 2010     

manonski (f)
Canada

I was absent all week and barely touched base with the site. I �m sorry to hear about Malvarosa.
I don �t know if her family can read this but I want to wish them well in this time of mourning.

14 Aug 2010     

averitope
Argentina

Hello Manoski and portugueseteacher! You can read this thread.

14 Aug 2010     

libertybelle
United States

Malvarosa will be sorely missed. I hope her worksheets will stay up on this site as a tribute to a wonderful person and a great educator.  My deepest condolences.

14 Aug 2010     

carinaluc
Argentina

I was really shocked when I heard the news, Malvarosa �s work is outstanding and I �m sure she must have been a caring teacher.  She �ll definitely be missed.

14 Aug 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

I used to be in touch with her every now and then, but not really often. We would exchange some PMs and assure each other how much we liked the other person �s creative work and dedication.

I didn �t know that she was so ill though... Unhappy She has never let me know about her insidious disease, and I wonder if she has told anyone in this website about it.

Obviously, she never complained and even kept uploading wss although she was seriously sick and probably suffering a lot - I admire her sooo much for having been able to do that. What a strong woman!!

I miss her very much and hope that she can rest in peace now.

Cry

14 Aug 2010     

portugueseteacher
Portugal

Dear friends,

I read attentively the thread related to her wonderful daughter who told the site the unhappy news.May her family and this commmunity remember her as a fantastic , hard working , helpful person.

Let �s stay with these memories of someone who battled without complaining  till the end....

Malvarosa will be forever in our hearts!Heart

Susana

14 Aug 2010     

angelcris
Brazil

As all the other wonderful friends from this site, I am awfully sorry for Malvarosa. Indeed, her wss were a great contribution to all and she seemed to really like her profession.
I hope her family can live with all the good remembrances of her and that she can rest in peace.
But one think should be said: reading all the comments here, it is possible to say that she defeated her illness, because she kept working and creating till the last day in this life.
May God bless you all!

14 Aug 2010