Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > reporting question    

reporting question

viccxx
Greece

reporting question

Hi everyone,

I have a question. What happens when in thee new contributions you spot a worksheet that you just KNOW was taken from a book,, but can �t remember what the book was? I mean, I saw one which I just know I have seen in a book once, but i can �t for the life of me remember the book...How do I report this? Do I just let it go?

25 Aug 2010      

douglas
United States

Unfortunately, you can �t report it unless you can provide a site or reference the moderators can use to confirm it is copied--this keeps thing sfair for the person being "judged".

25 Aug 2010     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Sorry, Douglas, your answer is not exactly right.

viccxx - You can report it as "scanned". Some of the moderators will recognize the book for sure and will provide the others with the information. So don �t worry, if you are sure about it, just report it.

25 Aug 2010     

ikebana
France

is it the whole ws ( from A to Z ) which has been copied or just part of it ( for example the text ) and rearranged with some more exercises etc..?
In that last case it should be accepted according to the rules , shouldn �t it  ? well just my guess . Quote :
" You can use texts from other websites or books in your worksheets if you add your own exercises or activities (For example, reading comprehension questions, etc)."
have nice day
Ikebana

25 Aug 2010     

viccxx
Greece

no the worksheet appeares to be wholly scanned. I recognise the style of the pictures in it and I think it is an old Longman book...I have been checking all my books since morning as I don �t want to falselly report something. I havent found it yet, as it could be very easily be a book i had borrowed or read in a library. If I am one thing, that is tenacious. I want to be sure beyond a shadow of a doupt.

25 Aug 2010     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

I have to again disagree with ikebana. The rules say you can use other websites or books, BUT not an ESL related ones.

You can use texts from other websites or books in your worksheets if you add your own exercises or activities (For example, reading comprehension questions, etc). Please don �t take texts from other ESL websites or books, it would be unfair.

25 Aug 2010     

ikebana
France

you �re right , I missed that part - gone too fast
thanks !
Ikebana

25 Aug 2010     

PhilipR
Thailand

I have to agree with Douglas and Garfield: reporting without providing a link or source and just relying on others to recognize the origin of the possible transgression doesn �t go down well with me. Shouldn �t we be innocent until proven guilty? Wacko

25 Aug 2010     

Mouna mch
Algeria

I think I will take MJ_Misa �s side... if there is a doubt why not reporting it since there is no real harm done.. if the member is innocent, his/her contribution will reappear the next day !!

25 Aug 2010     

PhilipR
Thailand

�No real harm done � by unjust reporting? You �ve probably missed the raging battles and flame wars caused by trigger-happy reporting members.

25 Aug 2010     

viccxx
Greece

It has already been reported, since it is 99% certain it is scanned from a book.

25 Aug 2010     

1    2    Next >