Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > a message to all my fellow teachers teaching in France    

a message to all my fellow teachers teaching in France

ELOJOLIE274
France

a message to all my fellow teachers teaching in France

Hi,
me again!!! you �ve already helped me a lot this week, but I still need help, sorry!

i �ve called my school, i �ll be teaching English to "Term STG" however, when I checked the books they had to buy, there was a message "wait until september" which means i �ll have to tell them what book to buy!!!
but I have no idea what book to use since i never Term. STG before!!! if you teach Term or 1�re STG can you please tell me what use you �re using?

Thanks a lot!
have a nice saturday/sunday
Elodie

P.S.: i�m having a look at Bridges Terminales ST and it looks quite complete, what do you think?
what about Impact?

28 Aug 2010      

stexstme
France

Hi Elodie,
I won �t be able to help - as you already know..! But couldn �t you phone your future colleagues - or get their mail via your school ??? I �m sure they �d be happy to help..
HugSylvie

28 Aug 2010     

ELOJOLIE274
France

would love to but my high school didn �t want to give me the phone details other the phone and i won �t be able to go there on monday or tuesday since i have to attend 2 meetings for work in Grenoble...
i �ll have to wait until wednesday...
but thanks for your advice!!!
take care!
Elodie

28 Aug 2010     

stexstme
France

Jesus!!! French way of making simple things sooooo difficult!!! Well, Elodie, I imagine your feelings!
Let �s hope wonderful teachers here are going to give you useful info!
All the best -Thumbs Up

28 Aug 2010     

ELOJOLIE274
France

well, i do understand them... i wouldn �t want someone to simply call my school to have my phone number when they have never met that person... it �s just a way to make sure they don �t give their teachers � phone numbers to anyone...
do you know the worst: when I called the head teacher of my new school he didn �t even know i had been transfered to his school!!! they had put my name on his list without informing him that there was a change at the last minute!!!Wacko
have a nice evening dear Sylvie!

28 Aug 2010     

elderberrywine
Germany

OMG this is worse than in Germany - and I thought that wasn �t possible.
J �ai parfois l �impression qu �on n �est pas des personnes mais des simples pions qu �on met l� o� on en a besoin.
Is there no such a thing as a French yahoo group for French teachers who teach English? We have such a group (mailing list) for English teachers in Germany and I find it extremely helpful because you reach lots of colleagues who know EXACTLY what you are talking about and what is needed. The help I get from there is very precise and to the point.

28 Aug 2010     

donapeter
Romania

OMG!!! France and Germany are complaining!!! 
Please take a break...we beat you! Dead

28 Aug 2010     

corina2211
Spain

Dona is right. The system of education (and not only education) in Romania can really make you sick. Dead 

28 Aug 2010     

elderberrywine
Germany

yes, I �m sure you do, donapeter, and we probably should be ashamed. German teachers are quite well-paid and French teachers teach far fewer lessons than their French colleagues do.

There is a German saying that would go like this in English:
we are complaining at a very high standard or level
(is there such an expression in English?)

thank you for reminding us, donapeter. We have had many threads in which we compared incomes, positions, career moves and security in the job in Europe and Eastern countries, and I always turned away shamefacedly because we are so well-off in my country.... and have so little motivation, whereas the situation in so many countries is so diffcult that the only way you can survive is with lots of motivation (and a second job ...)

28 Aug 2010     

ELOJOLIE274
France

what �s wrong about complaining?Wink
i must stop worrying! honestly i �ve already got a little grey hair, I don �t need more!!!
if anyone can help me choose a book for my class, please let me know!!!
have a nice evening!
Elodie

28 Aug 2010     

elderberrywine
Germany

OH MY GOD; Elodie has a grey hair!
Now THAT is serious!
I know how French ladies feel about grey hair or hair on their legs ....
.... veeeeeery serious business
I �m throwing three pounds of pity across the border, Elodie, make sure you catch them.
(just pulling your leg nicely, and not by the hairs!)

28 Aug 2010     

1    2    Next >