Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > What do your student call you ?    

What do your student call you ?

Pretty3
Saudi Arabia

What do your student call you ?

Hi,

What do your students call you : Teacher  or MissSr  or What??

What is the correct word to call teacher ??

In Arabic countries , usually sts say teacher .

29 Aug 2010      

olaola
Italy

teacher

29 Aug 2010     

franknbea
United Kingdom

Anything they want to when I �m out of the room.

Seriously though, I like all my students to call me by my name but then I don �t teach in a public school.

29 Aug 2010     

lovemykids
Uruguay

Hi!
Here in Uruguay teacher is more common.
Hugs

29 Aug 2010     

missiky
Morocco

I usually teach 5 classes and each class  has 40 students. that`s why i ask them to raise their hands silently when they want to give answers.  students get really excited when they know the anwer. so it would be a mess if they all call me teacher, i`ll end up with headache at the end of the day. but the word they use all the time inside or outside the school is teacher.

29 Aug 2010     

redcamarocruiser
United States

In the US, students in school call us Mrs. Smith. first names are not used.

Adult students in the literacy center call the nuns who are their teacher Sister Anna.
they called me by my first name.

29 Aug 2010     

glauciamarisa
Brazil

Well, nowadays I �m teaching kids under 10. So, they call me "tia", that  means "aunt". Many teachers here in Brazil don �t like it, but I think it"s really kind. 

29 Aug 2010     

jmalone77
United States

I �m sure they have all kinds of rude names for me : )Maybe Sinverguenza

29 Aug 2010     

manonski (f)
Canada

They call me Miss Manon, Madame Manon (French version of Miss) or Manon. Some teachers don �t like being called by their first name. It does not bother me when they do as long as they know I �m not their buddy.

What they call me when I �m not around, that �s a whole different thing probably... Wink

30 Aug 2010     

viccxx
Greece

The students in my private lessons just call me by my first name, it �s a bit silly to have one-to -one students calling you Miss. The students in my class call me Kyria, which is something like Mrs, but not exactly, in Greek it can be followed by your last or first name, or nothing at all. Actually it can be translated as lady, or madam. So they usually call me kyria Vicky.

Behind my back I �m sure I have a range of names (slavedriver and b..tch coming to mind!!!)

30 Aug 2010     

lshorton99
China

I try to get them to call me Lindsey, but they often have problems with pronouncing my name so I �ve been called Lidnsey, Cindy, Sydney and Steve(!). I also get �teacher �, �profe � (short for profesora) and �se�o �(short for se�ora/ita). Sometimes they call me �hija � which means �daughter � and is a sort of affectionate or disrespectful way of addressing someone depending on the context.

I prefer Lindsey at all ages and levels as I work in the private sector. If they address me as �teacher �, I address them as �student � until they take the hint.

In England, according to my mother, �Miss � is the most common form of address for female teachers. Interestingly enough, I don �t think I �ve ever heard �Mister � as a form of address.

And I �m sure everyone at some point has addressed their teacher as �Mum �. Very embarrassing!

Lindsey

30 Aug 2010     

1    2    Next >