Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Why???    

Why???

Pretty3
Saudi Arabia

Why???

Hi

Why there are no many replies in this topic

Please I need help

1 Sep 2010      

gloriawpai
Brazil

a student monitor?

a prefect?

1 Sep 2010     

ballycastle1
United Kingdom

In my experience, there isn �t a specific name for this in British English.  A form teacher usually takes the register at the beginning of the school day. Absences etc are usually recorded on computer and are collated by the secretarial staff in the school office. Form teachers may also check for correct uniform etc but I haven �t come across anyone employed specifically to carry out these tasks.  In the schools I have taught in, all teachers checked students � uniforms as a matter of routine whenever the pupils entered the classroom. 

2 Sep 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

I agree with ballycastle1.

2 Sep 2010     

miss noor
Palestine

Hi,

How are you all ?

Can you tell me What  form teacher is?

2 Sep 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

The class teacher, dear Miss Noor! ;))

2 Sep 2010     

miss noor
Palestine

For your question pretty ,
we can call her his a student monitor.

Best Wishes,
Noor

2 Sep 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

Sorry, but I don �t think that �s the right expression, Miss Noor...

2 Sep 2010     

miss noor
Palestine

mmmmmmmmmm o �k but what can we call the person who is repsonsiple for registring , checking the presence , calling the parents if there is any problem...etc. but this person doesn �t teach them ??????????  These persons are part of   administration staff

So can we call her his supervisor ???

I know that some schools in different countries doesn �t have this kind of (supervisor ) .

2 Sep 2010     

paugyg
Argentina

That job position exists in my country, we call them "preceptores", they are in charge of the things you mentioned. Unfortunately, I don �t think there is a word in English to define that job position because the job itself does not exist in Anglo countries.
All the words that I could find - monitor, teacher assistant, etc. - imply that the person also has teaching responsibilities, and that �s not what a "preceptor" does.

2 Sep 2010     

teacher jessie
Argentina

I don �t think supervisor would do it, a supervisor es a person that supervises teacher �s performance, not student �s.
Prefect is the most similar word/job. check the definition in Merriam wbester dictionary:
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/prefect

2 Sep 2010     

1    2    Next >