Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > again on the same old subject...    

again on the same old subject...

Denisa
Romania

again on the same old subject...

Hey, girls and boys,
  about Languages Day: I have given a lot of thought and since I didn �t receive other ideas from you then from the other post, this is what I think we should do(really quick)
1. a ppt as our dear Anita well suggested containing 10 slides about our country: general information - position, population, size, maybe neighbours..., the capital city, then traditions, traditional foods, folk costumes, places to see, great personalities...
2. other 2 slides in this ppt should contain a short quiz based on the previous information - eg. what is the capital city of....?, who is this person(next to a great personality �s picture...)
3. maybe we could suggest a song which can considered representative for each our nation or for our country - let the students listen to the song and then ask them to recognize what language is that and which nation mark is it(I don �t know if I explained so well what I mean...Wacko)
4. make a word document containing a list of some of the most used and known phrases in all the languages (in your own language - with pronunciation...)
I thought that the phrases should be
             THANK YOU
             I APOLOGISE
             I �M SORRY(in Romanian these two are different..)
             PLEASE
             I LOVE YOU
             WELCOME
             HELLO
             GOOD MORNING/ AFTERNOON/ NIGHT
             HOW ARE YOU?
             NICE TO MEET YOU
and I �m still open to any suggestion...
all the documents, if you want to send them to me(by pm-ing me here or on my e.mail address) I solemnly promise I �ll put them together and make a dictionary and send it back to all of you(pm me with your e.mail addresses)

anything else? let �s start to work, people!!!

17 Sep 2010      

anitarobi
Croatia

I hope we �re not alone in this. I �ll be doing this project with my students regardless of the date, but it would sure be nice to have many people included as well...
Go, Denisa, go!!!

17 Sep 2010     

Mabdel
Morocco

Hi and thanks a lot for your enthusiasm and your efforts. Just wondering if other countries are included or just European ones?
have a  nice evening.

17 Sep 2010     

anitarobi
Croatia

Well I don �t know about Denisa, but I �d love to have feedback on the whole world. I mean, why slave to a date in the calendar? We could do this for the sake of culture tiself, right?

17 Sep 2010     

Denisa
Romania

I have already answer this matter: I agree with you, Anita, this should be an open project for anyone, anywhere in the whole world..and so it is!
waiting for more and more people and ideas,
Denisa

17 Sep 2010     

mariannina
Italy

I �ll do my best to join in.
Good night.
Mariannina

18 Sep 2010     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi Denise

Here I am.
Kisses
Linda

18 Sep 2010     

ellakass
Israel

Is interesting about our country as well? Iam ready to participate.

20 Sep 2010     

anitarobi
Croatia

I �m already on it. You �ll have something within a day or two. I hope we have lots to share...

20 Sep 2010     

franknbea
United Kingdom

Dear Denisa,
Already there. Did you get my stuff?
I Have a few more bits to send you

20 Sep 2010     

mariannina
Italy

Here I am! I �ll see my students tomorrow and we �ll work on what you suggested.
See you soon.
Granny

20 Sep 2010     

1    2    3    Next >