Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Word of the day    

Word of the day

edrodmedina
United States

Word of the day

I �ve won the dubious honor of choosing a new word of the day. The new word is "Bombilation". Good luck everyone.

29 Sep 2010      

Mabdel
Morocco

Hi Ed, may be the word is derived from " bomb" . I think the act of bombing somewhere!!!

29 Sep 2010     

stexstme
France

Hi Ed! Thumbs Up
Bombilations to you too!!!Big smile 
Lazy-Sylv

29 Sep 2010     

PhilipR
Thailand

It �s what Taliban commanders or other terrorist leaders say when one of their number has successfully blown up something - if they �re around to hear it of course.

Bombilations, dear (name of the culprit), right on target!

After that, they might sing a slightly adapted version of the song:

For he�s a jolly good fellow (3x)
Which nobody can survive!

I didn�t look in the dictionary, I swear!

29 Sep 2010     

stexstme
France

@PhilipR : You are NOT supposed to give the right definition, err...Right ?!
Approve

29 Sep 2010     

Poohbear
Germany

Pooh (Wink)
how martial we are being today...!

29 Sep 2010     

edrodmedina
United States

Remember folks and folkettes...Don �t use the dictionary!! It �s a game to see if you can derive the word and if not, come up with a clever meaning of your own. Ed

29 Sep 2010     

stexstme
France

...A folkette = A folk who has ..his...bombilations. Now, That is a clue!!
(OuchI �m off!)

29 Sep 2010     

ELOJOLIE274
France

this one is too easy!
Bombilation
= bomb + depilation
it �s a brand new depilation technique invented recently after scientists discovered how much time women spent shaving/waxing their legs... and how much they hate it!!!
you go to the bathroom, get undressed, throw the bomb and it burns all your hairs but not your skin! just be careful to put something on your hair otherwise you �ll be hairless and bald!!!
this new technique is 90% effective, but needs to be repeated a few times to remove all your hairs FOREVER!!! not on the market yet, the price the "bombilation" should be $100 the bomb, quite expensive but well you won �t ever need to buy wax/razors again!!!
have a nice day!
Elodie

29 Sep 2010     

SueThom
United States

That sounds great, Elodie--can �t wait �til it comes on the market!

I was actually thinking of the dessert called a bombe.  It �s different layers of ice cream and sometimes cake, I think, molded together--kind of looks like a bomb, but is a lot more pleasant.  So, bombilation would be the act of providing a bombe as a congratulatory gesture, for example serving light refreshments at a graduation party which would feature a bombe as the centerpiece/primary dessert.

Sue

29 Sep 2010     

edrodmedina
United States

Wow.. Some great answers here. Keep it up...Ed

29 Sep 2010     

1    2    Next >