Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Word of the Day - Jactation    

Word of the Day - Jactation

ldthemagicman
United Kingdom

It is one minute past midnight and it dawns on me that my first definition of �jactation �was slightly flawed.  By that, I mean that it was incorrect!

Jactation = The �Walk� of Jacques Tati, , the French comedian born of a Russian Father and a Dutch mother, (�Les Vacances de M. Hulot�, �Mon Oncle�, etc.)

Les Douglas

9 Oct 2010     

Pelletrine
France

Well, if we want to do only ONE thing for our poor planet, then, we must stop, right away all of our terrible jactations !

jacta = thrown ( as in: �alea jacta est � )
tation : processus/ state of mind

which is what we do:-  buy �one use only �: �throw away � stuff, so jactation is the state of mind of anybody hooked on our cosumer society : we buy... and throw most of it away.....
So, a jactatator, would be a one-use consumer...... who, by his jactations pullutes our planet with a lot of garbadge  ;o)

9 Oct 2010     

Pelletrine
France

- sorry :  ...... who, by his jactations pollutes our planet ......
Embarrassed

9 Oct 2010     

Apodo
Australia

You �re all wrong!

A Jactato is a Jacket Potato (Baked in its skin ). A jactator is someone who eats a jactato
and jactation is the act of eating one of these.

Jactation : the act of eating a baked potato.

10 Oct 2010     

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

isn �t that what you do when you breastfeed a jack o lantern?

10 Oct 2010     

moravc
Czech Republic

jactation is a fight of jackals when they touch each other by their teeth and make strange noise with their teeth - they open and close their mouth very quickly - chatter

= "chatter teeth" of jackals = jactation

10 Oct 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3