Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > I think I ´m getting nasty    

I think I ´m getting nasty

franknbea
United Kingdom

As good as the site is and I ´m one of it ´s biggest fans, there is nowhere that says we have to change our nature and adopt a (nicey-nicey) attitude when we login here. I agree there are some horrendous things uploaded and it ´s anyone ´s right to say what they think in the comments providing they have the nerve to do so in the first place. What happens when you write something offhandish is that you can ´t take it back, and people who read it judge you by that one comment and not by the hundred and fifty nice ones you posted before. too many people are ultrasensitive or worry excessively about upseting another member ´s feelings. Having been a victim of downloading a worksheet full of errors and stupidly using it in class without checking it first, I didn ´t know who I was more angry at, the producer of the sheet or myself for being so naive and thinking that everyone uploads 100% error free work. there are people on this site who lie, cheat and steal other ´s work but heaven help anyone who hurts anothers feelings by pointing out the shoddiness of their work.

just my fifty cents

12 Oct 2010     

fidelina
Iceland

Hi y´all

I´ve seen some wonderful worksheet, with 𡜻aults� in them.  Some of these worksheets are 弎ilingual� , others have spelling mistakes, etc.  I´ve downloaded these worksheets and made the necessary modifications to suit my needs.  Most contributions seem to be editable, so that´s not a problem.   If I see worksheets that  have 𡜻aults� beyond repair , I just don´t download them.  Same applies  with many  𢖯erfect�  worksheets, but that is just because I don´t  忛eed� them.  ESLprintables has 333751 printables, 28763 powerpoints and 4132 online exercises to offer, so there is no need to get irritated over a few faulty ones Wink.

Have a nice evening / morning / afternoon.

12 Oct 2010     

yanogator
United States

Some of you know that I spend some time (but not as much as I used to) going through new online exercises and sending the creator a nice little PM if there are corrections that need to be made. I don ´t have time for this every day, and I skip crosswords and word searches. Most of the creators thank me for this service, and everyone benefits from it.

What I ´m saying is that we can all be part of the solution.

Bruce

12 Oct 2010     

MoodyMoody
United States

elderberrywine, go ahead and make your criticisms of worksheets with flaws, but try to do so diplomatically if the flaws are relatively minor. For example, if a word is misspelled in the title, just write, "I believe you meant to write ´its � and not ´it ´s, �" to use one of my own pet peeves.

On the other hand, if the worksheet breaks the site rules, call the author out on it. Everything is supposed to be 100% English, so a worksheet with French words that haven ´t been borrowed into English is a breach. That author was either too lazy to read the rules, or just didn ´t care; that author deserves the harsh criticism.

But don ´t be nasty just because you can. We need the nitpickers like you to help keep us honest, so don ´t sabotage your credibility.

12 Oct 2010     

JudyHalevi
Israel

This morning I reported a worksheet that had been uploaded directly from a site that I frequent quite often.  The funny thing is the person who uploaded it left the site name on the bottom of the worksheet.  Too funny.

Hugs from Israel

Judy

12 Oct 2010     

MissMelissa12
Peru

Thank God I have so much work to do that I have not much time to repond nasty comments, to follow  silly fights, to spy who is doing the RIGHT and WRONG thing and Im never in the mood for  "tell me and I´ll say to you"  highschool stuff despite maybe me being twenty four years old - maybe the youngest here.

Elderberrywine, I hope you have a great day today, with a lot of work, many smiles at you, and more than a couple of hugs...nothing better than that, Huh?

Miss Melissa Hug

15 Oct 2010     

elderberrywine
Germany

Well, thank God you had the time to dig up a thread that had vanished two or three days before and answer it.
I hope you had a great day, too, with all the smiles and hugs you wished me, and that writing the above post just topped it all off for you.

15 Oct 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3