Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > OLD repeated worksheets    

OLD repeated worksheets

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

OLD repeated worksheets

Hey guys,

I would like to point out something. I do not know the lapse considered for a ws to become "old" (in system terms), but once it does, there �s only two options for reporting it:

It �s a copy from the webpage... or the book...

What if it �s not a copy, but it �s been uploaded twice (sometimes more than twice)?

I would like to know if that is intentional (not being able to report old repeated ws). If someone knows the answer, please enlight me.

Any reply is appreciated.

20 Oct 2010      

zailda
Brazil

Hi!

Victor doesn �t want old wss being reported unless they are copies, so he disabled the other options. When we asked about doubled wss, second language, non-ESL resources, and even blank or corrupted, he answered: �never mind �. And he added his statement about old ws among the rules, and so we �ve been doing from that date.

20 Oct 2010     

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

Well... the thing is, they ARE copies, actually. Just not from another website, but one is a "copy" of the other, I �d say.

I was thinking maybe this has been overlooked, maybe it �s intentional, really didn �t know... but I find hard to understand why Victor would mean for a repeated ws to stay put. I mean, it (a repeated ws) is just deliberate cheating.

But thanks for the answer, Zailda.

20 Oct 2010     

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

Moreover, it �s a waste of space. Confused
Forgot to mention that.

20 Oct 2010     

zailda
Brazil

You can read it by yourself, maybe you understand the site owner �s reasons:

20 Oct 2010     

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

I remember that thread. Still, I could see that the issue was not brought up. And again... I do not wish to overrule Victor �s decision, but like I said, it may have been overlooked the fact that repeated wss are, too, copies.

I know this is not of the utmost importance, it was just a thought I had.

Thanks anyway.

20 Oct 2010     

zailda
Brazil

Dear Bruna,

This is the second time (correct me if there�s another one I haven�t noticed yet) you start a thread on the forum to ask basically the same question: http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=23487

I�ve learned the hard way we have two options:

1) To obey the owner�s rules; or

2) to start another site with our own rules.

We are 400,000 members here and even if you don�t agree with the rules stated by the owner, for the majority (including the owner) they seem to be OK till now.

Before you throw it on my face, I want to let you know that I didn�t forget I was the one who blatantly broadcasted my disagreement with the way the rules used to be. I risked my head and my reputation, also lost some friends (if we can call "friends" people who only are "friends" when we are receiving the lord�s blessings). I did it for something I believe in, but I�m not sure if I�d do it again.

We got the new rules after all. There weren�t gains for one side or another because - even in disagreement - our objective was the same: the site and the members� benefit. The price I�ve paid was very high (and I�m the only one able to judge it) although I consider it fair.

When I started that dispute I was completely aware how much I could lose and I was willing to, because it was for a fair cause. I�m still paying the price I have to, but I won�t complain about that because it was my personal decision.

About your response, a worksheet can be either a copy or repeated. If it�s repeated, the member uploaded it twice and it isn�t to be reported since it is an old worksheet, (according to Victor�s rules); if it is a copy, this thread is unnecessary, since you can easily report it, if it pleases you.

If you want to learn it the easy way, learn it from me; if you want to learn it the hard way (from your own mistakes and taking all the risks) as I did in the past, go ahead and "good luck, dude"!

20 Oct 2010     

Jayho
Australia

Hi Bruna

Maybe you could PM Victor with your concern and see what he says.  He is open to suggestions via PM.

Cheers

Jayho

20 Oct 2010     

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

Hey Jayho.
Yeah... I thought about that, but since Victor is so busy and all... I was wondering if someone had something concrete like "yes, old repeated wss are meant to stay" from Victor at any time, that �s why I came to the forum before "bothering" him. Tongue
But I �ll give him a �ring �, alright! maybe he can tell me himself, I mean... there �s no harm in asking, right? Thanks Jayho

And I �m sorry, but I totally forgot I had already brought this issue up to the forum, I knew it had popped my mind, but could not remember I had opened a thread. Lucky me we don �t have a penalty for uploading the same thread twice!! LOL 

See you guys later.

20 Oct 2010     

zailda
Brazil

I thought you had a memory of an elephant, Bruna. Maybe it doesn�t work as well now as it used to some time ago. Luckily you can always count on us to refresh it.

Have a good evening!

EDIT: If you don�t understand all my gibberish about taking risks and bla-bla-bla, I mentioned it because in my opinion this part of you comment: �I find hard to understand why Victor would mean for a repeated ws to stay put. I mean, it �s just deliberate cheating.� is offensive and disrespectful.

20 Oct 2010     

yanogator
United States

Speaking of the memory of an elephant, I once heard a character on television say, "I have the memory of an elephant . . . that �s lost its memory."

Bruce

20 Oct 2010     

1    2    3    4    Next >