Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Reported contributions    

Reported contributions

Nana Lins
Brazil

All my worksheets were not original???? Could you please, tell me the ones that were not original? Where have you seen them before? What is the definition of original?

25 Oct 2010     

el_profe55
Argentina

@MJ- misa always talking about original things,,, everything was already made  ... I �ve seen thousands of wss about GUESS THE ANIMAL, DOMINOES, JOBS ETC (so that �s not original)

....but if you say that the meaning of ORIGINAL          is something  completely new and not copied or derived from something else you are wrong again!!!!your pictures are taken from the web not made for YOU...

PLEASE STOP TALKING ABOUT ORIGINALITY!!!!

25 Oct 2010     

Caela
Taiwan

It seems to me that there a 2 kinds of teachers on this forum
1. The ones who work hard,  make great constributions/worksheets and that have no time to for nonsense

and

2. The ones with too much time on their hands and low selfesteems, they need to go look through old constributions to find something wrong, report it and then feel much better about themselves.

25 Oct 2010     

elderberrywine
Germany

Caela, I find your post most aggressive and insulting and showing disrespect for the dozens of people who try to keep this site relatively clean and fair.
Shame on you.
NanaLins, just trust the moderators, they do their job very conscienciously.

25 Oct 2010     

David Lisgo
Japan

And which kind of teacher might you be Caela?

I seem to fall into both fields as I am wont to report worksheets from time to time. I can �t say that it gives me much of a thrill though. As to making great contributions, well that is not for me to decide but for my peers to do so, but I certainly work hard.  I teach young children so I �m always prepared for a little nonsense.

25 Oct 2010     

Nana Lins
Brazil

I didn �t mean to cause any problem on the forum.
I just want to know the problems of my worksheets, so that I won �t waste my time adapting the worksheets I use in my class to be uploaded here.
They are good enough for me, my coworkers and my students. I just thought they might be useful to other teachers as well. I don �t mean to harm anyone or to steal anything from anybody/site. I always include the source whenever I get anything from somebody else.
I do believe my worksheets are orginal, because I created them.
All I asked for was to know the problem with each of my ws, so that I could correct the mistake if there were any. And the urban llegends and jack the ripper ws don �t go against the rules.
The problem with ws being reported is that the owner of the ws receives a general message like this one
"Dear member,
This is a message to inform you that your contribution _________ has been reported for not following the rules of the website.
The moderators will review it soon.
If there is nothing wrong with your contribution, it will be returned to the recent contributions tomorrow, and you will get all your points."
and has no idea which rule a member of the site thinks you have broken and has no chance to talk about to try to solve the problem. The only thing left to do is wait.

25 Oct 2010     

stexstme
France

Hi Nana Lins,
Your ws were reported as being copied ; sites provided. Just to let you know.
Have a nice day,
Sylvie

25 Oct 2010     

PhilipR
Thailand

I agree that the authors of reported contributions should be given the reason why their work was reported, otherwise people are left in the dark and this is very frustrating.

25 Oct 2010     

elderberrywine
Germany

it IS very unsatisfactory not to know which of the rules has been violated, and we have said so many times before. I wish Victor could have the reason added, it would save us a lot of questions and complaints. 

25 Oct 2010     

Nana Lins
Brazil

I guess you don �t understand my point. When I created the urban legends mini book and the Jack the Ripper reading set, I cited the websites I had gotten the texts from. The activity I used in class for these texts were in the description of the worksheet.
This doesn �t go agaist any rules once the only rule about this says "You can use texts from other websites or books in your worksheets if you add your own exercises or activities (For example, reading comprehension questions, etc). Please don �t take texts from other ESL websites or books, it would be unfair."
In the Phrasal Verb Mini Book I compiled information from two sources. The information I got from the english page is common sense, I just thought the information would be more reliable if it were taken from a well-known website.And again, I cited both sources.
The past Perfect worksheet has an exercise adapted from a ESL website but I believe this was created before the ESL printables rules changed. And again, I cited the source. And I believe that the old worksheets would be left as they were and new ones had to follow the new rules. Isn�t that right?

Yes, I do use information from the internet to make my worksheets, but I do not use them as mine. I create my worksheet and whenever I use information from the internet I cite the source.

25 Oct 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    Next >